Chapter 7

Just a heads up, this chapter has one swear word.

Danny's P.O.V

The moment we arrived in Pearl Harbor, we made our way to a training ground in Pearl.

We approach three guys, one of them working on his surfboard, one laying on a lawn chair reading a book, and the last one is talking to a guy painting on a plane.

They all spot us and turn their attention to us as we stop in front of them.

"Alo-ha" The guy with the name 'Earl' written in his hat, saluted.

"Y'all pilots?" I ask.

They all look around at each other then back at us.

"Eh, it's a lot of switches and stuff." The guy working on his surfboard said.

He laughs.

"Pride of the Pacific." He replies.

"Who are you?" The first male said.

I smile.

"Terrors of the skies." I say.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"I'm Lieutenant Danny Walker sir, and this is Anthony, Billy, and Red." I introduce to them.

"I'm Earl, and this ones Gooz and Joe." He says seeing as the one guy already left as we were talking.

"Gooz here will show you where you boys will be stayin'" Earl said.

Gooz puts down a piece of wood, that I'm thinking is for his surfboard, and looks at us.

"C'mon let's go." He says and he gestures for us to come along with him.

We pick up our luggage and followed him to our rooms.
~
It was now about 1 and the guys were all thinking about going to the beach later with the nurses.

"Yo Danny wanna come us?" Red asked me.

"Yeah and maybe you'll see the nurse you've been thinking of." Anthony said wiggling his eyebrows.

I smile and threw my rag that had grease and oil on it at him.

"Hey that was totally uncalled for." He jokes.

I roll my eyes at him and got back to work.

"Danny c'mon tell us about her." Billy says and everyone agrees with him.

I sigh and smile at the thought of her.

"Okay fine, but I'm gonna tell you a bit." I tell them and they all groan wanting to know more about my personal life.

I laugh at them and they all got quiet.

"Okay well, I met her in New York that day at the hospital, then we met again that night in New York City and we just talked." I told them, not getting too deep into the story.