A oneshot

(So I know this is not a chapter, but since it's the Fourth of July, I wanted to make this one shot. So here it is and Happy Fourth of July!
Btw, this won't be connected to the story
P.S. it might be a bit modern-ish)
~

Today was the Fourth of July, the day we declared our independence from Britain, where we can light off fireworks and watch as it explodes in the sky in different colors.

The sky was starting to get darker as Rafe, Evelyn, Danny, and I sat on the front porch of Evelyn and Rafe's house as our kids were running around the front yard playing tag and chasing each other laughing.

"Mommy, Daddy can we light some fireworks off please?" 7 year-old Jake asked his parents.

Rafe chuckled a bit and stood up from his spot and ruffled his kid's hair.

"Sure." He says and Jake runs off cheering.
We all laugh and watched Rafe grabbed a plastic bag with a couple of firecrackers in it, and started walking over to the kids.

"Wanna help Danny?" Rafe asked.

He shakes his head and chuckles, while standing up.

"Sure."

Before he leaves, he kisses my left cheek and and walks over to Rafe.

I roll my eyes and I stand up brushing the bottom of my dress as Evelyn did the same.
~
The sky finally got dark and we all watched as Rafe and Danny light the last big firework they had.

Once they lit the fuse, they both walked away from the firework and turned around to look up at the sky to watch as the bulb of the firework shot up in the sky and displayed a beautiful assortment of golds and purples.

The kids watched in awe as they watched it shoot up in the sky.

After the firework disappeared, and the kids started to cheer.

"Woah mommy look!" Our 5 year-old Eliza shouted, pointing up a couple blocks down.

We all look to where she was pointing and we saw farther away, fireworks being shot off farther away.

Danny and I walked up to her, along with Rafe and Evelyn and their two kids Henry and Jake as we watch the fireworks.

Danny picked her up and placed her onto his shoulders, so she can see the fireworks better.

As we all stand there entranced by the fireworks, I didn't notice Danny placed Eliza down and came up behind me to wrap his arms around my 4 month belly.

"Happy Fourth of July beautiful." He says quietly.

I smile brightly.

"Happy Fourth of July." I respond to him.

Suddenly, a small but light kick comes from my stomach.

He chuckles lightly in my ear, enough to make a small shiver run down my spine.

"And Happy Fourth of July to you." Danny says to the baby.

I place my hands over his that lay on my stomach, and gave them a light squeeze.

"I love you Danny." I say as I remove my hands from his and turn around in his arms.

He smiles back at me and pecks my lips.

"I love you too, both of you." He says meaning me and the baby.

"What about me?"

We both turn our heads to see Eliza looking at us with her little bottom lip out a bit.

He chuckles and lets me go to scoop her up in his arms and kissed her forehead.

"Of course I love you, and so does your mommy." He says as he wraps one arm around me and we both turn our attention back to the fireworks and enjoyed them as they lit up the dark sky beautifully.
~
Anyways, Happy Fourth of July everybody and thanks for reading!

-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word Count: 629)