Chapter 1

"Evelyn have you seen my red lipstick?" I shout from the small hotel bathroom.

"Yeah it's in your purse!" She shouts back.
I finish buttoning the last button on my white nurse duty uniform that we are required to wear and I fixed my wavy light brown hair and left the bathroom to see Martha powdering her nose, Barbra applying her red lipstick, Sandra re-adjusting her glasses, and Betty talking to Evelyn about seeing cute army pilots.

I grab my purse from the bed and opened it up to grab my lipstick and went back into the bathroom to apply a fresh layer of my ruby red lipstick.

I roll down my lipstick and place the cap back on the tube and looked at myself in the mirror one last time before leaving the hotel room.

We get to the hospital at 7:20, and just in time to get set up before the men who were wanting to be pilots came in.

We go to a small place in the hospital, with a white curtain and a single white bed and we set our coats and our purses on that bed.

"I can't wait to see all those cute bottoms of pilots!" Betty gushed.

We giggle.

"May I remind you that not all of them will be, some will probably be unattractive." I say.

Martha scrunches up her face a bit.

"If I have to see any like that, then I'm going to lose it."

We all giggle at her comment.

"Ladies we're ready for you."  The head nurse said.

She had her reddish orange-ish hair pinned up and her posture was strong and firm and she had a couple files in the crook of her elbow.

"Nurses Evelyn and Sandra, you will go to eye exam 4 and 2. Nurses Betty and Emiellia, you will go to station 8,"

We both look at each other and smirk.

"Nurses Barbra and Martha, you will go to station 3." She finishes.

She then leaves with her files tucked into the crook in her elbow again.

"Alright we'll see you later." Barbra said and we all left to head to our designated stations and once we got there, Betty and I started getting our syringes organized and alcohol pads out and ready for the hectic day.
~
"Mark Evens." I called.

I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Drop your skivvies please." I say getting the syringe ready.

"Yes ma'am." He says. "Listen, Sweetheart, how about after this whole ordeal, me and you get something to eat." He smirks with a wink following.

I smirk and looked the bit of his butt, that they are told to show, and I take the shot and poked him in the butt hard and he yelps like a small dog yipping at the neighbors' dog.

I stamped his chart and handed it back with a smile.

"Rub the spot it should help with the pain, next!" I say as he grumbles and rubs the spot leaving my station.

"So I'm guessing that's a no." He says.
'Ask your butt, that should tell you my answer.' I thought, but I just kept my smile plastered on my face.

As he left, I heard the footsteps of the other male, that was next in line, come in.

"Drop your skivvies please." I repeat to this pilot.

"Yes ma'am." He said nervously.

He sounded different from the other army pilots I dealt with today.

He sounded shy with kindness laced in his voice and thick with a southern accent.

I open up his chart to see who this pilot was.
'Daniel Walker huh?'
~
Thanks for reading!
NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word Count: 620)
I don't own the 'Pearl Harbor' characters