Chapter 21

So this will be the last part of Pearl being bombed, so again the warnings are some mild language, blood, and a character death.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
———

Evelyn's P.O.V.

As more and more soldiers came in, the more hectic the hospital became, and the less room we had.

I wipe off a table as I gently lay a burnt bloodied soldier onto the table as I screamed for someone to get me morphine.

As I see more soldiers coming in, the room was quickly getting overfilled.

I rush outside of the room to tell the nurses and doctors, that were holding soldiers, to head to the kitchen, since it was the only place that hasn't been filled up yet.

We push off all the vegetables and fruits from the tables as we set them down onto them. As I was helping direct them to the kitchen, I heard a doctor yell out, "we got a bad neck wound over here!"

I rush over to them as I help push him into the room.

"Get him to surgery now! Move!" I shout at them.

Once we get into the room, I hear doctors yelling for hemostat and other things, but I was only focused on the man that was bleeding from the neck.

Once we set him down on the bed, I hold his hand as I hold the gauze to his neck with my other hand.

"Doctor!" I shout, but I turn around to see the doctor already helping another person.

I then take a deep breath, knowing that if this man doesn't get the help he needs, he will die.

I gently peel back the gauze as blood squirts out of the wound as I look at my apron to see his blood staining it.

"Am I going to die?" He asked with clenched teeth. "Nurse?!"

I stay silent for a second as I think of the most possible thing to do. I took my two fingers and applied pressure onto his artery.

Once I do, more blood comes out as it coats my fingers and the left side of his face lightly.

I yell for the doctor one more time as he appears next to me, seeing the man.

"Doctor, what do you need." I tell him, but his focus was still on the man that is bleeding out. "Doctor, look at me and tell me what you need." I say again.

He looks at me with a scared expression, but nods his head.

"He-hemostat." He stutters as I turn around and grab the hemostat from the try with my other hand and gave it to the doctor.

To keep the male on the table distracted, I told him to look at me as he turns his attention from the doctor, while I kept reassuring that he will be fine.

After 15 minutes, we were able to stitch him up as I was ordered to help other patients outside of the surgery room.

I headed out there as I guided people to the kitchen to try to help them.