Chapter 22

(Picture above from 'weekenddoll.co.uk')

Hey everyone!

In this chapter, I use some of President Roosevelt's speech, 'A Date Which Will Live In Infamy', and this is where I got his speech,  "Time.com, 'A Date Which Will Live In Infamy.' Read President Roosevelt's Pearl Harbor Address." Written by: Melissa Chan.

(Sorry it's not the link, but this is where I got some of the the speech lines from)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

———

Once we make it to the room, there was a priest standing next to a soldier who was seizing as the priest was telling him to hold onto his faith and reading some lines from the Bible to him.

I grab the butterfly needle and placed it into Danny's arm as Evelyn does the same for Rafe as their blood transfers from the tube and into empty glass coke bottles.

I turn my head back to Danny to see his eyes were already on me.

A light pink blush stained my cheeks as I noticed he was looking at me the whole time. I give him a small smile and tucked a lose strand of hair behind my ear.

"How long have you been looking at me for?" I asked, keeping my voice low.

"Not long enough." He says back as I lightly scoff and looked at the ground as he smiles at my reaction.

I look back up into his chocolate brown eyes, that I loved to stare into, as all the pent up relief and worry fall off me as I gently laid my forehead against Danny's as he closed his eyes at contact.

"I was worried about you." I whisper to him.

"Me too." He replies, "I was scared something happened to you."

I nod my head and closed my eyes, letting my heart take over, happy that Danny was okay.

"I'm just glad you're okay Danny, cause I-," I dryly gulp and take in a deep breath. "Cause I don't know what I would've done if you died." I admit.

I turn my head to avoid his reaction, but he placed his thumb on my chin and used his pointer finger to move my head back to face him as it made my heart flutter, and made my stomach do flips as small bolts of electricity emitted from the smallest bit of contact.

"If you died today, my whole world would've died." He told me.

I gave him a pitiful smile as I knew he would have Evelyn by his side.

My heart clenched at the thought as I break away from our embrace as I felt his hand fall from my hip as I didn't notice that it was there.

Just before Danny was going to say something, a man came into the room, asking for anyone that was able to help.

He looked back at me as I looked at him, silently telling him to go. He nods his head as I take out the needle from his arm.

Just before he leaves, he pecks my cheek and tells me that he would be back as he rushes out with Rafe to help the sailors that were still trapped in the harbor.

As I looked at the entrance, I felt a presence next to me, as I didn't pay mind to it as I took out the tube from the half full bottle of blood and placed a stopper on top of it.

"You know, he still loves you." Evelyn tells me, cause me to stop as I turn to her giving her a gentle smile.

"He did, but Evelyn, you're the one he loves." I tell her as I leave the room, giving it to a head nurse that volunteered to take it.