20

(FLASHBACK)

(FLASHBACK)

TW: ABUSE

      :RAPE

      :MURDER

“Father I am not gonna do that” I tell him “you have no other choice” he snarls at me “but father it's just a baby” I try to reason with him “does it look like I care”

“Look son” I look up to him “the mafia is a messy business, it requires us to be heartless and have no emotions, if you kill that thing it’ll prove that your worthy of being the next mafia king” he tells me

“But father, I am not going to kill a baby, it's innocent, it did nothing wrong, this is unfair” I argue back “fine I always knew you were a pussy, your mother raised a pathetic child, your no good” his words hurt really bad.

“Alessandros pathetic, River do you want to do it” he nods his head no

“Ace what about you” he also nods no while trying to control his crying. Father slaps him and tell him to quit whining

“Xavier what about you please don't disappoint me” he also shakes his head no.

“You guys are pathetic, of no use, what's the use of having boys if they cant even do anything right, I thought I finally got something out of that whore but you boys are useless, all of you would get 20 whips from my belt”

“No no I'll take their beating just dont touch them” I beg father. He nods his head ok.

Then he drags us all to the basement and shoots the baby right before our eyes. Blood splatters everywhere including our faces. I try to fight back my tears and be strong for my brothers. He looks at our petrified state and smirks. Ace was crying uncontrollably, Xavier and River were crying silently while I tried to comfort them.

I took them back to my room and watched cartoons together to forget about what we just witnessed. “Alessandro I don't want you to get hurt” Xavier tells me “I wont get hurt” I tell him “but father is really mean and he's gonna beat you with his belt, i've heard you scream, its very painful I don't want you to fo it”

“I have to Xavier, I don't want you guys to get hurt” I tell him and he goes back to watching cartoons.

While me and my brothers were watching cartoon father called my big brother Alessandro to get his beating

While me and my brothers were watching cartoon father called my big brother Alessandro to get his beating. He was really scared because after my fathers beating he would cry for hours in pain. But he tried to seem confident for the sake of us, any six year old can figure it out he didn't want to do this.

He goes and not even 5 minutes have passed his screams echo through the halls. His agonizing screams pierce through our ears. His cries can fill our ears and make us cover them up. His begging makes our heart ache for him. Him saying sorry over and over again makes us want to call the police but father told us to never call the police no matter what.

 Him saying sorry over and over again makes us want to call the police but father told us to never call the police no matter what

After my ‘lesson’ father tells us to get ready because me and River are going with him on a mission. I can't do this, this is too much. Me and River sit in the car with father and he drives off. I don't know how he's driving considering he's shit faced drunk.

We stop in front of a familiar looking house. His men are already here waiting for the leader aka father. "What are we doing here?" I tried to ask but he ignored me. His men kick down the front door and go inside. We find Amelie Grey sitting on the couch reading a book.

She sees dad and starts to panic. She tries to scream for Blake but he points a gun at her belly where her unborn daughter lies and tells her to keep quiet.

“Go and hold her hands, don't let her go” father tells me “but father I am not gonna do that” I try to reason with him “if you don't Xavier will get to meet my belt today” I try to say something “and before you say you want to take punishment for your brother I will not allow, now go hold her hands”

Blake comes rushing down but my fathers men hold him back. I go and hold Amelie's hands behind her back and whisper in her ear “I'm sorry but I have to do this otherwise he’ll kill my brother”

Father starts taking Amelie's clothes off slowly, I close my eyes immediately. I do not want to witness such a horrific act. But me closing my eyes did not drown out her scream.

After dad was finished with him he took a gun out from his pocket and shot her straight in the head. “NO PLEASE NO TAKE ME INSTEAD OF HER, SHE'S PREGNANT FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU’LL BE TAKING NOT ONE BUT 2 INNOCENT LIVES” Blake begs father which gives him a sinister smile in return “you think this is the first time” his sentence made me want to throw up.

He then proceeds to shoot Blake 3 times in the stomach. He didn't even blink, he didn't even second guess his decision, he didn't even hesitate.

On that day I lost my father, I never really had a dad, I only had a father that also died.

He is my father but I don't know him.

People ask me “why are you like this” “why are you so closed off” “you should smile more often” but I don't reply to them just shrug but what i really want to say is ‘if you met my father you'd understand’

After this day I forget being a kid.