7: 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

Athena's pov

I ran away, not knowing where I was going but just running further and further away. Tears filling my view I bummped into someone. I looked up, I saw a blonde guy, handsome but something about him gave me an uneasy feeling.

"You must be....Athena" he says. I gulp.
"Uh- yeah why?" I ask half stuttering my words out.
"Well...let's just say your in danger and I've been looking for you" he says getting closer.
"Uh- I'm gonna go-" I say about to leave until he grabs my wrist, I winced as he tightened his grip. No surprise there would be a red grip.
"Let go" I say as I tried pulling my wrist away.
He chuckled and pulled me into him, opened the car door and threw me in.

Tears began to find their way down my face again, I was scared. Noone could help me.

Cole.

I can't leave him...

Well its too late now.

Cole's pov

I ran outside, quickly scamming for the sight of Athena, nowhere.
I was about to give up until I saw a car in the distance, I tried running as fast as I could. I didn't make it, the car began to move, I grabbed my phone and took a picture of the car. I smirked.

"Whoever you are behind that wheel, you are dead. Noone hurts my Athena" I say feeling an anger fill my eyes.

I called my dad.

"Hey uh dad we have a problem" I say knowing he was about to be angry at me.
"What son?" He asks in a huff.
"I, Athena is gone, someone took her" I say.
Silence.
"Dad?" I ask.
"DAD?" I shouted.
Nothing.
"Hey this must be Cole right?" This man on the phone said.
"Yes. Now what did you do to my dad" I say in a low voice.
"Well im afraid to say, he my friend is dead, now you can come over here and see for yourself or do a runner and leave me in charge...the choice is yours mate, oh yeah I have Athena too" he says with a tone that makes me want to grab his face and shove it down the toilet.

"I'm on my way....mate" I say coldly and hang up..

My dad was dead. This guy took the girl I loved. He was obviously after my title.

I wasn't going to let him have it..

Not on my watch..

I grabbed my car and was on my way, speeding to the HQ.

As I made it I walked into the office. There he was. My dads dead body, his hand still holding the phone while a knife in his heart. I grabbed my gun and shot the guy in the shoulder.

"What do you want from me? Huh? I can kill you right now" I say coldly.
Athena was tied up in a chair with tear stains on her cheeks. I can't believe this is how she was going to find out.

"Well your the head of the Mafia now...I want everything you have" he says smirking. I punched him in the stomach.
"WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!" I shouted his face lost the smirk and winced in pain as I looked at Athena she was scared. She was seeing the real me...she wasn't going to love me the same way.

I ignored the feeling and looked at the guy I held.
"You care for her don't you?" He asked.
"Yes. Yes I do! Now no time for those questions...Who do you work For?" I asked his face became numb. Like he had no emotion.

"Come on...her dad was on my team...ring any bell?" He says looking at Athena who looked now confused as well as a mix of all emotions.
I felt so bad for her.
I punched the guy again and but a bullet throw his skull. Then Athena screamed.
I hurried to her to untie her, she seemed flinchy. I looked down.

"Look. Athena, the guy you saw. That was me, okay? I'm now the Mafia leader. That's my job, it doesn't change the fact I would take a bullet for you, and that man I killed he worked for your father, and I don't know if you knew this but your father was apart of my dads team, then he betrayed my dad by leaving and joining another Mafia, until my dad killed him, I think my dad was gonna kill you, I wouldn't have let him, Athena I was going to find you and tell you everything!" I said looking into her tearful eyes. She looked down.

"I- this is all to much for me right now, can I just go home?" Athena asks.

"No" I say.

"What why?" I ask slightly irritated.

(805 words)

Heyyy

Um thanks for reading.

Stay safe and love yourself and others <3