19: 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥

Coles pov: 4 days later

"Lets make a stop here, we can spend the night at this hotel" I said pointing to the right, where a rough looking hotel stood. It didn't look great, but it was better than being stuck in this car.

We've been travelling for 4 days, spending the night at hotels and leaving, trying to leave no trail. We had enough money to get us by. But I didn't want to do this for too long. How long would this be happening?

We all made it to our room, which was two double beds. The room wasn't too bad. There was a small TV, two beds, a bathroom and then a little set of draws.

"Finally a comfy bed" Athena said laying down with a sigh.
"You okay? Need anything?" I ask laying next to her.
"Nope I might just go for a walk, alone" she said. I immediately sit up.
"No you're not going alone, what if someone jumps infront of you, makes you fall over, or what if Tamara found us and kills you, take me with you" I said firmly.
"Look im only going to take a stroll down the hallway and stretch, you don't need to come with me" she said getting up.

"Fine, be careful" I said laying back down, trying to avoid the thought of her getting hurt. Or even worse killed.

Athenas pov

I just needed to walk, alone, me and the babies.
"So twins, you are both very lucky to have a father like Cole, he loves you both very much" I said looking down at my stomach.
"Youre father is-" I was about to say but was cut off.
"A murderer!" I heard someone say, and there was Tamara.

"Oh shit Tamara" I said panicking, Cole had to be right all the time. I backed up a little bit.
"Ready to say goodbye, Athena"

Jaces pov

"Cole do you want me to go out there and check on Athena?" I ask, he nodded with his head in his hands.

I could tell he was stressed. 

Then as I left i saw Athena but Tamara too. She was about to pull the trigger and I wouldn't let Athena and the twins die. So I ran as fast as my feet could handle.

I needed to save them, all three of them.
I ran and ran.

And jumped as the gun fired.

Athenas pov

I looked down in front of me.

"NOO! JACEE, PLEASEEE COME BACK YOU CANT DIE" I cried, and screamed in panic.
Tamara was already gone. Jace had tear stains below his eyes. I closed his eyes with my shaky hands. Trying to take steady breaths.
I heard running and fast footsteps behind me.
"Athena what happend?" Cole asked with shaky hands.
"I- he- Jace- i-" I couldn't speak. Jace, my best friend, my best friends boyfriend, he just took a bullet for me.

He wouldn't get to be a father.
His children wouldn't know what his father is like. Its all my fault.
"Its okay take your time" Cole said.

Natalias pov

"Natalia are you okay?" Cole asks.
I couldn't speak. I was frozen, the man I loved, just died. He wasn't going to see the baby.

"I- he's gone" I stuttered. As I walked to hug Athena and Cole.

Later that night we all buried his body and said a few words, shared our memories. He will never be forgotten. I was definitely telling our child about him and his heroic moments.

"I love you Jace" I whispered and we left for the car.

I'm sorryyy

It had to be doneee