Chapter-33 Leading on

~I know you want it from the way you like to move, girl

~I know you want it from the way you like to move, girl.~

Lily's pov

I stared up at the large portrait in front of me. My eyes travelled around the bright version of myself and she was beautiful, clad in a fancy gown long dark hair cascading down her back. Her cheeks were rosy as if blushing brett red and what surprised me more were her eyes they were shining through the light and so bright with a huge smile quipped on her face.

I- I looked happy and in so much love.

Pressing my lips in a thin grim line, I felt overwhelmed with so many emotions. This wasn't fair. Why did I still have to suffer, why was I just a pawn in his revenge game?

And moreover, why did he have a portrait of me?

"I knew you'd eventually come across the portrait." Inhaling sharply I whirled around facing him eyes expressing anger and frustration.

"Why do you have it?" I heard myself ask. He nonchalantly shrugged masking a blank expression. "I can do and have whatever I want." I sighed in disbelief my head shaking in response. "No Adam, the problem here is-" I flung my finger pointing it towards the portrait before continuing, "-that this is my property I own myself not you or anyone."

"And you can't have it without my permission." I finalized holding back a sly smirk. He lifted a perfect dark brow cupping his crispy chin before his intense eyes bore into mine.

"Needless to say, it's already attached to the wall and did I fail to mention that I also have one in my office." My jaw went slack, I blinked thrice masking away my surprised expression.

"Well, you're the tough mafia guy you can get them removed in a blink." I reasoned shrugging slightly but yet felt my heart increasing it's speed at the sudden information. "But I won't." Was his final response.

"I don't understand why you're acting as if you're obsessed." The amused glint in his eyes didn't fade away. Stella gave out a whining sound wanting attention and I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Adam gave out a disgruntled sigh before crouching down to pet Stella and I felt my heart skip a beat as he did.

He looked cute.

Widening my eyes I shook my head vigorously getting rid of those stupid thoughts. No! Bad lily!

"You're still jealous of her." No, it wasn't a question but a statement and he had a sly smirk upon his lips. "What- of course not! Stop being so delusional." I snapped throwing daggers his way.

The freaking nerve.

"Princess, I'm all yours much more than I am her's." He assured tossing me a heated look smirking devilishly. "Don't worry we'll find Stella her prince together." The word 'Together' was said with so much finality to it that I couldn't help but feel drawn to him that moment.