Chapter-26 Hate

~Rose coloured glasses all distorted set fire to my purpose and I let it burn, you got off on the hurtin'.~

Lily's pov

"What in the world." I groaned, groggily touching my temples. I clamped my eyes shut leaning against the pillow but the pounding headache only intensified. Opening my eyes again, I sprang out of the warm duvet my bare feet colliding with the cold marble. Memories of what happened yesterday came flashing into my mind, it instantly flews to adam. He came, he was there, but why? Was he the one who took me to bed? No, he couldn't have.

My eyes widened as I gaze down at the shirt that covered my half naked body, I was only in my underwear and a shirt that wasn't mine. I shook my head clenching it slightly, I needed a hot cup of coffee and a warm shower.

"Guess who's awake." Mariella's tone held mockery eyebrows raising together sipping on the coffee. I rolled my eyes sighing in defeat the last person I wanted to see. "Looks like you had the perfect night." She starts, leveling a glare my way.

"Yeah the best night ever," I sarcastically replied hands working through the coffee maker. "Don't act so sarcastic and innocent lily, just because he went after you doesn't mean he cares. "

"He went to make sure you were safe, now we don't want Damien's spoiled cousin getting in trouble or do we." Gritting my teeth together I drew in a deep breath, not in the mood to deal with her bítchiness but I felt like snapping her neck in two.

"Mariella I'm warning you, do not fúck with me right now!" I snarked my anger rolling out in waves she shrieked back surprised, but covered it up by throwing a smirk my way.

"Whatever, it's not like I'm interested in talking to you." She quietly muttered back rolling away from me making me drew out a sigh of relief.

I pick out some Advil from the cupboards and when the coffee was made I turn around only to be greeted by his presence, he sat there looking absent and unbothered as ever munching away on his scrambled eggs. What surprised me was that Mariella was seated right besides him making me clench my fist together but I didn't complain this time. I silently walked towards the seat opposite them, sitting on the chair and methodically place the cup on the table my gaze fixed to it.

"lily." Adam's deep voice called out, making me lift my head towards his direction, our eyes came clashing together and just by a single eye contact a little spark ignites through my veins. "Good morning." Never been heard anything like this from him before, my eyes pop back open as I blink twice trying to contain my astonishment.

"Good morning," I greet back, Still surprised at his greeting, Did something happened? Did I do something embarassing when I was drunk, oh god no and was he trying to rub that in my face by greeting me?

"I-uh who changed me? Because I don't remember anything after throwing up in the club." I sank my lips in the flesh on my teeth my heart rising it's beats as I've met with complete silence. Mariella too raises her head towards his way staring at him in confusion as if she too didn't know the answer to that.

Oh my god? Did he?

Adam clears his throat adjusting his tie,"Don't worry Jasmine did." He curtly assures the muscle in jaw tightens as he clenched it, his body tensing. Mariella's gaze swipe back and forth between the two of us before she gives out a huff. My mouth suddenly felt dry and goose bumps sprang all over my bare arms.

"There's a mafia ball being held this evening in Peiro's mansion." He stated clearing his throat putting aside his coffee cup. "Wait what? Why wasn't I informed about it any sooner?" I objected totally freaking out, this was going to be my first mafia ball! Oh boy I was excited.