Chapter-36 The reason

~ She's all I need, she's something special.~

Lily's pov

I couldn't believe it.

Adam, in his previous attire, stood in the doorway as Xavier, Zayn and Damien towered over him blocking my view. I could picture them glowering at him. I held back an audible gasp swallowing in anticipation.

"What the fúck are you doing here Domenica?" Damien thundered while balling his fist by his sides. Xavier stomped his way towards me before tossing a firm nod my way, a nod that yelled don't you dare stir from your place.

I just meekly nodded back.

God, what was he doing in here!? Did he had any idea what he'd caused.

My jaw went slack, as I watched Adam brush past Damien and towards the plush material of the couch, his leather combat boots thumping against the wooden floor. Settling his lean body against the couch.

"Can we discuss this matter perhaps like adults instead of teenagers?" He offered in a calm emotionless voice.

"How did you get in here? No way you could've gone past that security." Zayn started voice eerily calm.

Calm before the storm, as they say.

"Xavier take lily away." My surprised gaze swept past Damien's as I shook my head in a negative but before I could protest Adam raised his palm silencing me.

"No, I want her here. She goes nowhere." He finalized. From the corner of my eye, I saw Damien's jaw clench and I could have sworn I felt him restraining himself.

"This is bullshit! I want you out!" Zayn snapped in a cold voice sending a hateful glare his way but stopped when Damien held out a hand telling him to keep it down.

"Talk." That was all Damien stated.

"A brandy?" Adam questioned, arching his dark brows, Xavier silently shook his head grumbling out an incoherent curse before walking away towards the wine cellar. Finally, his solemn gaze roved over my face before they softened a bit wandering all over my mere physique as if searching for any kind of injuries.

"Quit staring!" Zayn hissed before protectively blocking my view from him whilst I held back an agitated sigh. Damien stoically situated himself across the opposite side of Adam tossing daggers his way.

Xavier sauntered over to us with a couple of wine glasses and a bottle of brandy, before pouring Adam a one to which he firmly nodded in encouragement, scrutinizing his every move his gaze momentarily met mine as we both intently shamelessly stared at each other obvious of the attention upon us. He sipped on his brandy eyes holding me captive before planting his attention on Damien.

And then it dawned upon me, he was marking his territory showing everyone who really owned me.

God, this stupid irresistible son of a bi-

Balling my fist tightly, my eyes met Xavier's who already seemed to be staring at me. If looks could kill I would've been buried ten feet under the ground. I sheepishly sent him an awkward smile before cursing under my breath.

"How did you get in?" Zayn repeated his previous question, Adam nonchalantly shrugged before answering in a curt tone. "I'm a mob boss for a reason." It seemed like- no, it was obvious he was taunting Zayn trying to get under his skin.

And I could already tell, that it was working. Zayn scoffed unable to find any comeback for the insult.

"How have you been Damien?" Taken aback I stared at Adam in shock Damien too seemed a little bit of surprised before he gathered himself.