Chapter-20 Engagement party

~Tell me something, boi aren't you tired tryin' to fill that void? Or do you need more?~

Lily's Pov

We were escorted out of the airport by Adam's men I almost gawk at the sight in front of me they all stood sharp, tall, and intimating around six feet no less with dark shades covering their eyes, jaws locked. Various tattoos crawling behind their suits. My eyes traveled to the range rovers that skidded in the parking lot. Adam's gaze sweeping around the area in alert as if expecting someone to pounce at us.

"Good to see you back don." A guard intently welcomes before nodding at me in acknowledgment rushing to open the door. I slid in as Adam settles himself in the passenger seat with a flick of his fingers the engine roars to life and starts to move.

Such dominance.

After a long intense ride, the car comes to a halt, my eyes rake over at the luxurious two-story house with a stylish outdoor living space set on the side of the swimming pool area. It looked absolutely marvelous.

"This is my own personal house," Adam as if sensing my thoughts says making me snap out of my daze. "Nobody stays here except for you?" I question startled. "Yes, no one stays here except for me."

"Wow, I wasn't expecting this." he cocks his head around in my direction quirking a brow. "And what were you expecting might I ask?"

Shrugging I reply, "I just thought you liked living in a penthouse or mansion."

"I don't actually, I just like being cozy and alone." I bit the inside of my cheek so he didn't really want to be here with me right. Dismissing the pang that seized in my heart I step inside the house not saying a word.

"Lily, watch out for-" I rolled my eyes not paying attention to his words but halted in my steps when I heard a growl soon followed by a bark. I held back a gasp eyes locking with a German Shepherd ready to pounce on me. "You're so cute but I'm innocent good doggy." I cooed slightly frightened at its huge size.

That's what she said.

The dog bared its teeth at me and growled again, I shrieked in panic snapping my head towards Adam. "Oh my god! Adam tell him to not come near me." He smirked crossing his arms and stood silent making my jaw drop. "Adam!" I shouted when the dog finally ran in my direction trying to leap at me but I was quick enough to sprint towards Adam and hide behind him.

"Stella bellezza, Stop." He crouched down greeting her with a hug to which she replied back nuzzling her nose in his shoulder. (Beauty)

So it was a she explains why she was being a bítch. She is a bitch! Ughh stop!

"She wasn't going to attack you, she just got excited." I made a 'pfft' sound glaring at her.

"Can we go inside now? I'm really tired." I look away feeling annoyed. Striding inside the house my nostrils are met with a warm earthy cologne making my insides turn. The house wasn't much-decorated it was simple with a few paintings lining up the walls, a fireplace, and some interior designing decorations screaming expensiveness yet everything seemed elegant.

"Are you hungry?" A voice threads me out of my thoughts again. My stomach growls wanting to be satisfied as I blush in embarrassment nodding slightly. "Alright, what do you want to eat?" My eyes meet his in a surprising gaze and I almost shiver under his dark intimidating gaze.

"You can cook?" I blurt out and I curse myself for sounding so stupid and dumb. To my surprise, he chuckles lowly scratching his slender fingers behind his neck. "Only sometimes," I smile in appreciation. " Surprise me," he simply nods.