Chapter-38 Break

~Maybe we feel empty because we leave pieces of ourselves in everything we used to love.~

Lily's pov

Rolling out a cigarette from the packet, I stared into the evening of Madrid lost in countless thoughts.

Two weeks.

Two weeks, since I last saw Adam and of him opening up to me. I had been very occupied with my college and the new apartment that I'd rented out.

And about Damien, Xavier and Zayn? I no longer heard from them, they stopped communicating it felt as if they cut ties with me. Nothing felt the same anymore, I was starting to pity myself. My brothers had disowned me just because I saved Adam? And Adam? He stopped communicating.

I didn't hear from him not even a single text but who was there to blame? Me. I asked for space and that was exactly what he was giving to me.

Was he worthy of a second chance? Should I trust him again? The empty void inside my chest just wouldn't go away. Extinguishing the smoke in the ashtray, I leaned back into my chair the cold wind comforting me as I sat alone.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock that sounded through the silence. Arching my brows in confusion I gradually walked towards my door whilst biting my lip in anticipation.

Who could it be?

"Bïtch open up, it's your daddy!" Eli's voice sounded through the other side of the door making my mouth hung open in response before an excited shrill filtered past my lips and I threw the door open greeted by a very furious looking Eli.

"What took you so long? God, I kept on waiting and wai-" I didn't let her finish off but tackled her into a never ending hug, she instantly hugged back chuckling softly. "Missed you too grumpy."

Pulling away I led her into my small yet elegant apartment. "This place is-"

"-Messy I know." I completed cutting her off before shrugging slightly. "I have so much to tell you." I sighed, propping against the couch staring at the ceiling.

"Okay, what's been going on with you? You look-" She hesitated a bit before continuing. "Dull." Adding with a scoff Eli mustered a confused look my way.

"Life." Was all I could manage to croak out.  "No way as much as I know the real 'Lily' she never gets depressed neither sad."

"We don't do that here." She pointed out tossing a pointed look my way before settling against the couch as well. "No Eli! Nothing is the same anymore I have nobody! I am alone."

Fidgeting against my fingers I whispered, "I am alone."

"We all are lily, we're all alone but what matters the most is that you have yourself, you have you. What's going inside-" her fingers skim across her chest moving in circular motions before pointing towards where her heart is. "-defines who you really are, either it's hate or love you know better. You're the one in charge of yourself, your emotions, only you have the ability to shut them down or open them."

She clamped her hand against my shoulder reassuringly. "You have yourself that's all you need."

"And as for loneliness, I'm still here remember I'm not dead." Rolling her eyes dramatically she snapped her fingers in a flick. "Oh my god by the way! I almost forgot how's the sexual tension between you and Adam." Face palming in realization I flung my fingers against her shoulder in a smack.

"Ouch, the hell!" Eli hisses before her mouth tipped into an evil smirk. "Tell me." She demands with a huff.

Tempted to roll my eyes. "He opened up to me about his life and most importantly my dad." I started inhaling a sharp breath. "My dad- he was sick Eli. Just a thought of him abusing my mother I cannot." I admitted cringing. "He made Adam go through so much, everything happened because of my dad."