Chapter-21 A soft side

~Through the hills, I hear you callin' miles and miles away.~

Lily's pov

Everything had to be perfect, I didn't care if it was my first time making a decent dinner for someone, I was trying my best not to screw things up damn cooking really did take a lot of effort.

"Something smells satisfying," Jack voiced through the kitchen door breaking me out of my comfort zone,Stella lapped lolling her tongue wiggling her tail someone was in a good mood today.

"I've been working on some Italian dishes since two hours." I agreed rubbing my palms together while he grinned,"Trying to impress the boss huh?" Cheekily I nodded.

"What are you cooking?" he asked placing himself on the chair while patting Stella on her head."Chicken Piccata and lemon garlic butter chicken with some green beans skillet." His eyes widened in amusement his mouth parting a little."Woah impressive, for a girl your age you don't seem to be the cooking type." Jack said chuckling to himself.

"Oh believe me I don't cook, I'd rather not but I do know how to cook little things like cupcakes and donuts however this is my first try hopefully I don't screw this up,"

"I guess there's a first time for everything." I trailed smiling softly before turning to the hot pan focusing on the creamy texture. "What about the dessert?" I halted an audible gasp flew out of my mouth.

"I never thought of it I got so occupied with these dishes," he rubbed the back of his neck his eyes gleamed with an unusual spark, "How about I make the dessert? You can help tho and take the credits for it." he suggested winking.

"But that would be so rude of me, no way am I taking a credit for something I didn't work hard for." I shook my head in a negative no.

He nodded swiftly,"Okay how about we both make the dessert I'll guide you yeah?" He suggested to which I grinned agreeing with him.

"So how long have you been working here for?" After a few minutes of silence I asked he thought for a second before answering,"Seven years, my job is too patrol around the house whenever the Don's not around and well look after this Missy," jack pointed towards Stella who had her eyes closed in a deep sleep.

"How often does he visit here?" I couldn't help but ask with each minute by curiosity was getting the best of me. "After every five months he visits and stays for about a month or so but it usually depends on his work."

"How do you know the boss?" Jack questions me for the first time I hold back a smile thinking about the childhood memories that me and Adam shared. "I've known him through my whole life including right now."

"So you were like childhood friends?" he teases his brows twitching making me blush. "Yeah pretty much our families ran the business and mafia together." He stops midways clearing his throat placing his eyes upon mine his gaze holding an unknown glint in them.

"You're his daughter aren't you-" I watched as his expression turned blank and stopped in the middle of what he was saying. The smile was wiped of my face at the sudden change of behaviour. "Are you talking about my dad? I don't understand."

He silently shook his head as if it was better to stay quiet,"Oh shit lily turn off the heat." My eyes widened in horror running towards the hot pot."Thank god it didn't burn!" I sighed in relief to which he nodded. Suddenly his phone went off. "It's the boss I have to take it." He excused himself leaving me all alone to my thoughts.

***

"You did what now!? Oh my god I can't believe you cooked!" Eli screeched on the phone I could tell she had her mouth wide open not believing an amount of words I uttered. "You didn't burn down his kitchen or did you," She made a snickering sound making me roll my eyes.