Chapter-35 Burn

~Why you bother me when you know you don't want me? Why you bother me when you know you got a woman? ~

Lily's pov

My heart was practically in my throat, it was pounding furiously. My wandering gaze didn't waver away from her round belly. Biting the upper flesh of my lips I stood still and rooted to my spot. So many unanswerable questions were lining inside my mind, but the first one was.

What the hell was she doing here in Madrid?

It didn't make any sense to me unless they both had made up and she was now pregnant with his baby. Unconsciously, my feet took a turn towards her direction but then I halted immediately.

Why? Why lily? He doesn't mean anything to you anymore, who is he your boyfriend? Your husband? Hell, you don't even love him anymore.

What are you even going to confront her about? You shouldn't even bother.

A stressful sigh parted out from my lips before forming in a thin line occupied with these sudden raging emotions. Why was I feeling this way?

So whatever he confessed was a lie? He didn't care for me, he never did.

My jaw tightened as I felt adrenaline rushing through my veins my face filled with warmth. I absolutely hated feeling this vulnerable. All the memories came blazing through my mind like a sharp knife. Swallowing a painful lump in my throat, I hurried my way towards the exit not wanting her to even catch a glimpse of my shadow.

Screw men.

"Lil, what's wrong?" Xavier worriedly asked examining my face, I could hear the pounding of my heart. "You're shaking-" he paused before continuing briefly.

"In anger?" His bemused face searched mine for an explanation.

Shaking my head repeatedly I managed to squeak out."Nothing. It doesn't matter." I brushed it off before requesting. "Can we just head home now please."

Was I overreacting? Definitely, but why? God, it didn't matter! It was none of my concern.

Thankfully Xavier didn't push it, he silently nodded his head before driving us back home.

'

Five days.

Five days since I last saw his face, up till now he didn't bother me, didn't show me his face, and a part of me was relieved yet there was this empty void feeling that just wouldn't go away but I shrugged it off focusing on what was important.

Now that he had Mariella, he didn't need me anymore and of course his unborn child.

Walking down the hallways towards my locker, I spotted Zoe standing by hers. When her eyes met mine an audible gasp parted out from her lips before, "Lily! Oh my god!" She called tackling me in a hug and I instantly hugged back.

"Zoe! Thank God you're okay!" I sighed relieved examining her from head to toe in case of any injuries. "I'm okay, thanks to your fiancé!" She gave out an excited shrill before bombarding me with questions.

"Why didn't you ever tell me that you were engaged! Also my god he is so hot!" She squealed, it looked like she was already blinded by his Charming looks.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "Now that's where you're wrong, he is not my fiancé." I replied emphasizing the word 'not' before giving out a curse incoherently.

She didn't bother paying attention to my words. "Pha-lease stop lying lily for once will you? I already have knowledge about his secret technically your secret, you're from the illegal mafia world." My eyes widened in shock before I slammed my palm against her mouth shushing her while looking around cautiously.