Chapter-25 Stalker

~I'm not spending any time, wasting tonight on you.~

Lily's Pov

"So, it's the Princess's birthday." Came Mariella's annoying voice making me sigh, I set my coffee cup aside on the desk turning to her. "How do you know that?" She huffs propping down against the chair.

"Well Jasmine here can't just stop blabbering about it. " She pointed towards Jasmine passing me a plain smile. "Did Adam wish you?" I hold back a hurtful sigh not responding.

Her eyebrows arch in confusion, "So he didn't?"

"I don't see how it's any of your damn business Mariella god." I groan, making her roll her eyes."Please it's not like I'm interested, I was just curious." She shrugged, before ordering Jasmine to cook her pancakes.

"How did you end up with him?" Mariella started passing me a curious look. I clicked my tongue. Why was she so interested?

"Damien's mafia was in debt, so he thought why not call Adam to rescue me and just like that he got us engaged." I sarcastically explained. Her lips part in confusion, "So technically adam got engaged to protect you?"

"Yes." I replied with a curt nod.

"You don't really think this engagement is going to last do you?" Mariella snickered her tone coming out sharp. "That's not up for you to decide and Adam already stated that I'm his." I quipped back tossing a smirk her way.

Take that.

To my utter surprise her chest rumbles up in a sarcastic laugh throwing her head back. "Oh my god and you fell for it, I can't believe how dumb you are." This time she smirked back at me."What the hell are you talking about?"

She made a tsk, tsk sound. "That's exactly what he once said to me and look where it got us." She spits bitterly making my heart drop at her statement. "You're lying." I accused not believing an ounce of words that blurted out of her mouth.

She tosses me a remorseful look before holding her finger up in the air. "I don't blame you lily, we women are sometimes very naive and tend to get emotional when it comes to the man we love." Her slender fingers work through her phone before shoving it right into my face.

"Don't believe me- here," and then there was it. Those pictures made my heart stop. My eyes darted to the picture where she had her fingers wrapped around his arm smiling into the camera where as Adam seemed busy indulged in a conversation but he didn't look slightly annoyed by the attention she was paying him.

Then, she showed me another, where she had her head dropped on his broad shoulder and her eyes were closed she was asleep and she looked calm. My heart clenched painfully inside my chest, I was so hurt that I didn't even bother indicating what expression he had on his face. My eyes stayed glued to her head that stayed on his shoulder.

We never did this, he didn't even let me touch him this way yet he allowed her!

"I can show you more if you want-" I shut her off with the flick of my hand."No! I don't want to see anymore."

"But this doesn't explain anything these pictures look old." I shoot back. She nodded in agreement. "Yes back then we were young, I always used to accompany him to his meetings. It was always very adventurous." She smiled, a genuine smile recalling that memory where as I was fuming in jealousy.

So that's what he did all these years? Where as I used to miss him wildly hoping someday that he would text me back saying that he missed me, missed us. How pathetic was I?

"Lily, you don't really think he loves you right? Because a man can never forget his first love no matter what and that place has already been taken by me." She shot back a mischievous glint flashing through her eyes. I stared at her shock pressing my lips in a thin line. For the first time I stood speechless in front of her, I didn't know what to say.