Chapter-28 Adamos

~The strongest person, is the person who isn't scared to be alone.~

Adam's pov

Furious.

Numb.

Hard-hearted.

Is what they thought of me. My past was the definition of my future, it was what made me the don, the way I am today. I never felt any emotions of sympathy, let alone love yet she made me feel those emotions.

She was ever so slowly crawling her way into my heart, pushing down all the walls that took me years to build and feel dry. I wasn't used to it, wasn't used to feel this type of emotion ever in my life.

Yet, she made me feel that particular emotion.

Her words were like a knife, that kept stabbing me deep in my heart. The more I thought of them, the more fúcked up I became. For the first time in awhile, a shadow of guilt struck my chest an unknown sensation travelling through my heart.

It felt cold, empty again.

Why?

A part of me wanted to chase after her, but then the soulless demon in me awoke and just like that all the painful memories with her father freshened. The things he made me go through, the bruises and the lectures he gave. That was enough to make me feel numb again, a feeling I was used to.

At the end, she was his daughter with his blood running through her veins.

But it was never her fault, she was naive.

A roar of anger filtered out of my mouth my palm slamming against the desk listening to my inner demons battling against each other. I had enough, I needed a drink.

×

Gulping the beer in a single shot, I ordered again wanting this painful feeling to disappear. I barely felt pain and that too by a mere girl? I swallowed the beer again drinking away the sorrows. "Tough day son?" The old gruffly looking bartender questioned running a hand through his beard.

My cold gaze swiped towards him, "Può essere." (Perhaps, maybe)

"Don, may I say a few words?" He wiped away his hands against the towel seeking for my permission, I silently nodded gesturing him to go on. "You see son, some periods of our growth are so confusing that we refuse to recognize that the growth is happening. We must hurt in order to grow, fall in order to know and lose in order to gain, after all the best lessons in life are learnt through pain. So, let go. Embrace the reality and be thankful for the ones who love you before it's too late." He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Sometimes it's the god's way of showing us that he loves us by granting us a person who loves each one of our flaws, admires us for who we really are believe me it's the God's gift." Speechless, I watched him in shock.

But then again, who loved me?

Lily.

My hearts sank in realization as I rack a stressful hand through my hair, sighing in frustration I slammed a bunch of money more than required on the counter before striding away feeling a little tipsy.

"Òi, Don!" I heard a voice call out, whirling around my eyes seek towards the vip table, where most of my gang members sat mostly with hookers on their laps, smoking a bunch of cigars. My eyes raised in silent inquiry feeling annoyance ramble inside me. "What is your opinion about love?" One questioned, twirling the cigar between his fingers.

For fúcks sake.

I gritted my jaw, tossing him a dark glare, he shrieks away obviously scared before rasing his hand up in the air in surrender. "I mean you have a fiancé, you must be in love with her right boys?" He raised his head towards his fellows who just nodded in response not muttering anything.