xvii.

Ally's screams pierced every wolf's ears, some whimpering and hiding behind a tree. Ally fell to the ground, heaving as she felt the first bone crack, then the second. She had tears streaming down her face, the pain almost unbearable. Dinah's wolf nudged Ally, letting her know that she was there.

"Fuck you," Ally gritted out, crying in pain. The wolf whimpered but didn't walk away, staying by Ally's side as she continued to change.

Dinah's wolf had laid down next to Ally, watching as her body contorted and twisted in pain. Then, Lauren's wolf had nudged Dinah, moving to the side to reveal their dinner. Dinah blinked once and then turned back to Ally, who was still in the middle of her shift. Lauren huffed and walked away.

It took a few hours for Ally to fully shift into her wolf form, eyes glowing as she fell to the ground. Dinah finally perked up, standing quickly to nudge Ally with her nose. Ally's front legs kicked Dinah away. Dinah panted and poked Ally again, nodding at her to get her standing.

Ally was slowly getting used to the feeling of walking on all fours, walking around as she struggled to figure out which legs swung with which. Dinah made a show of walking slowly so that Ally could pick up on how she was supposed to walk. Ally tilted her head before trying again. Mike howled and Dinah immediately turned her head up, Ally following suit.

+

Arriving back at the house, Clara and Taylor were outside in the backyard to greet their family home. Dinah had shifted back easily, accepting her robe and then looking to Ally's wolf when she whimpered.

"Hi baby, you did so good out there," Dinah whispered, sitting on the ground. Ally jumped on top of Dinah, licking her face as Dinah laughed, "okay, okay, yes I know. But, we have to get you to try and turn back," she ran her hands through Ally's soft brown coat. Dinah sighed, "you're so beautiful Als." Ally nuzzled her head into Dinah's neck. "Okay, I want you to think about human Ally, physically and mentally. Think numbers, your weight, your height. Then think about your arms and legs, hands and feet. It will take a while but you got it baby, I'm right here," Dinah continued to pet Ally as she sat up, pulling Ally off of her lap. She sighed softly when Ally closed her eyes.

Dinah probably sat with wolf Ally for an hour before she heard bones beginning to crack. Her eyes widened when Ally cried out. She scooted over to give Ally space. When Ally was human again, Dinah immediately pulled her into a robe, pressing a kiss to Ally's forehead.

"Good Lord," Ally rasped out, looking up at Dinah tiredly.

Dinah smiled, "hi my love."

"Hi," Ally said simply.

"Let's go get you in the room," Dinah stood and picked Ally up, carrying her bridal style.

"That was oddly fast," Clara said softly as Dinah walked in.

Dinah shrugged, "I'm going to put her in the second room, right?"

"Yes," Clara nodded. Dinah shot her a thumbs up and walked away, feeling Ally's head lull into her shoulder.

Dinah hit the door with her hip to open it, walking into the room and laying Ally on the cot.

"I'll be back with food and water, okay?" Dinah said softly, rubbing Ally's arm. Ally gave her a weak nod before Dinah left the room.

"How is she?" Mike came into the kitchen, fresh out of the shower.

"She is tired, very tired, but I think she's holding up," Dinah explained, moving through the kitchen swiftly as she made a large cup of water and heated up leftover meat from the night before.