xx.

"Thanks so much for inviting me back!" Normani embraced Clara excitedly.

Clara chuckled, "oh you're always welcome over. A friend of Lauren and Dinah's is another child to us."

"Hi Ma," Dinah and Lauren walked past with a kiss on Clara's cheek.

"Hello babies, hi Ally," Clara smiled.

"Hi," Ally beamed, hugging her before being allowed in.

"Baby I'll be back," Dinah said before walking upstairs. Ally nodded and  filed into the living room with Normani and Taylor.

Dinah knocked on the bedroom door before peering in, finding her father in bed, "Dad?"

"Hey Deej, what's up?" Mike waved her in. Dinah walked into the room and sat at the edge of the bed.

"I was wondering if I could take Ally out tomorrow night? We haven't gone on a proper date yet and I want to take her out," Dinah explained.

"You haven't taken her out yet?!" Mike exclaimed.

Dinah immediately reached to shush him, "I know, which is why I want to take her out. We've only ever hung out in our dorms or eat at the cafe or sit in the quad or whatever, but I want to take her to dinner and have an actual date night."

Mike sighed and shook his head, "alright. Tomorrow night. Back before two, got it?"

Dinah grinned, "yes sir."

"Get outta here," Mike rolled his eyes, smiling when Dinah turned to skip out of the room with a string of 'thank you's.

"Ally," Dinah sang, walking down the stairs. She looked to Clara questionably, silently asking where Ally was. Clara nodded to the living room, Dinah sending her a thumbs up gratefully before moving into the room.

"Hi amor," Ally smiled, seeing Dinah walk in. She was just handing Alena off to Normani, who sat next to her on the couch.

"C'mere," Dinah said, tapping her lap after sitting in the single. Ally got up and moved to sit in Dinah's lap gingerly. Dinah's arms wrapped around Ally and pulled her in, rubbing her nose against Ally's cheek.

"What's up?" Ally asked softly, pecking Dinah's lips.

"You wanna go on a date with me tomorrow night? Proper date, that is," Dinah inquired.

Ally's eyes widened, "really?"

Dinah nodded, "yes really. I'm taking you to dinner and then some other stuff I'm not going to say just yet."

"Okay, yeah let's do it," Ally grinned, resting her head on Dinah's shoulder.

"Sweet, I can't wait," Dinah kissed Ally's hairline.

"Me too," Ally sighed softly.

"My pup is getting so big now," Dinah pouted, looking at Alena in Normani's lap, playing with Normani's fingers.

"She is, she keeps getting cuter and cuter," Ally cooed, watching Alena try to take Normani's rings off.

== + ==

"Be safe!" Clara waved.

"Will do!" Dinah smiled, both girls waving out the passenger window before Dinah pulled away from the house. Her hand dropped into Ally's lap to be grabbed, fingers intertwining. "Have I told you you look absolutely gorgeous tonight?"

Ally giggled, "only ten times before."

"Well make it eleven," Dinah quipped, looking at Ally after stopping at a red light.