viii.

"Hey," Dinah swung the door open, smelling Lauren at the door.

"Your roommate here?" Lauren asked. Dinah shook her head and sat back in her desk chair. "Dude, what the fuck?!" Dinah looked at the raven haired girl, standing in the front of her dorm with her weight on one side, jutting her hip out sassily with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What I do now?" Dinah asked, turning to face Lauren.

"Ally said a wolf jumped on Troy to stop him from raping her," Lauren glared as Dinah sat up a little, "she also said that the wolf was maybe brown, but definitely not grey."

Dinah chuckled, "could've been someone else."

"You and I know damn well that it was you, what were you thinking?!" Lauren exclaimed.

Dinah growled, "she was in trouble."

"Why were you so close to the party?! You know we shouldn't have gone around there, how dangerous it was!" Lauren yelled.

"I don't fucking care! She obviously didn't want to have sex with the asparagus looking headass, I couldn't just watch! I had to do something!" Dinah bursted out, standing up with her hands in front of her.

Lauren sighed and moved to sit on Dinah's bed, "what were you doing over there anyway?"

Dinah huffed and sat back down in the chair, turning to face Lauren, "I just wanted to check it out, see what was going on and make sure our friends were safe."

"D, you were supposed to be hunting, no wonder you almost didn't eat," Lauren shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I had a feeling she was in trouble," Dinah looked away.

"Ally specifically?" Lauren's eyebrows furrowed.

"Think so," Dinah nodded, "this wave of anxiety came over me and I felt sick to my stomach. I knew something was off so I went to the party but kept my distance. I promise no one saw me except Ally and Troy."

"How'd you feel after?" Lauren asked, now intrigued.

"Better, the anxiety and sick feeling went away," Dinah shrugged.

"What does Ally smell like?" Lauren tilted her head.

Lavender, coconut, honey, why?" Dinah squinted at the green eyed girl.

"See, I can barely smell the honey and coconut. How do you feel around Ally? Human form," Lauren continued.

"Why're you asking?" Dinah countered.

"Just answer," Lauren demanded.

Dinah rolled her eyes, "well I just kind of feel drawn to her. I don't know, it's a natural connection I guess. I feel super at ease when I'm with her, my entire body relaxes and I feel pretty tranquil. That's why I drifted towards her when we met them, she made me feel safe. Not that Mani doesn't, it's just with Ally it feels so much better and natural."

"Dinah," Lauren trailed off, "I think you should talk to Dad about Ally."

"Why? He knows Ally," Dinah's eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, only through a screen. But, you should tell him exactly what you told me," Lauren said.

"Wh- oh," Dinah's eyes widened.

"Yeah, 'oh', headass," Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Oh fuck," Dinah hissed, reaching for her phone. Her thumbs flew across her screen until she put it back on the table, the loud ringing tone playing.

"Why're you calling? It's the middle of the day," her father groaned.

"Are you just waking up?" Dinah scoffed.