x.

After the awkward meeting in the dining hall, the group clashed easily and got along well. Currently they were seated at the top of the quad, doing homework together. Lauren typed away feverishly at her laptop, Camila and Normani were focused on the same math homework, Zendaya's head was in Normani's lap as she read a book, Ally was doing her biology homework, and Dinah had a blank document open, watching Camila and Normani talk about their most recent math problem.

"Wait, is it X over Y or Y over X?" Camila asked.

"Girl that is not the problem, we're trying to find the function of G," Normani pointed at the paper.

"But don't we need slope first?" Camila protested.

"Dude," Normani sat her pencil down and put her hands in her head with frustration, "I don't fucking know."

"Break time?" Dinah perked up.

"You guys go ahead, I'm close to finishing," Lauren waved them off absentmindedly, her eyes not leaving her screen.

"Yeah, I'm just going to finish as well," Zendaya added.

Ally sighed as she looked at Dinah, who was giving her what she liked to call the 'Puppy Pout', "fine, fifteen minutes."

"Yes! Let's go!" Dinah jumped up.

"Math makes me hate life, I literally remember learning this shit in high school, but still don't know how to do it," Normani scoffed as the four friends walked away, leaving Zendaya and Lauren with their things.

"I seriously don't need math, for the most part it's irrelevant," Camila nodded.

"Say that to your taxes," Ally snorted.

"Don't even remind me about those, I don't even know how to do them," Camila whined.

"Let's stop talking about that, it's break time," Dinah interrupted.

"What are you saying we should talk about?" Normani asked.

"Anything but that," Dinah said as she opened the door, holding it for her friends. Normani and Camila walked in, Ally following and giving Dinah a kiss on the cheek. Dinah beamed at the action.

"Oh hell," Normani rolled her eyes.

"What?" Ally whipped her head around to find Troy stalking over to them with a dark black circle around his left eye. Dinah immediately pulled Ally behind her, a hand on Ally's side.

"You," Troy pointed at Dinah.

Dinah looked behind her, "me?" she pointed at herself. Normani and Camila snickered at the joke. Dinah inhaled as she focused on her small shift.

"Move," he tried to push Dinah, the girl holding her ground.

"No, you move," Dinah said, using her index and middle finger to shove Troy in the shoulder, making him stumble backwards.

Troy walked up to her and tried to throw a punch, Dinah leaning away as he lurched forward into the door. He groaned, standing up as Dinah turned around and kept Ally behind her.

"Look bro, I don't want any trouble and you're already at the door, I seriously suggest leaving," Dinah said.

"Should've said that a few days ago," Troy spat.

"When I knocked you out with one punch? Right," Dinah nodded. He lunged at her, only to be held back by his collar, eliciting an unpleasant choking sound.

"Ah ah, that's where you went wrong buddy," Lauren said, holding his shirt.

"Lauren?" Normani tilted her head.