xix.

"Ally Ally Ally!" Normani pushed through the doorway, wrapping her arms around Ally's waist and hoisting her in the air, spinning as they laughed.

"Oh my god, Normani!" Ally exclaimed, being set down and pulled into a tight embrace.

"Are you okay?! How was it? Do you feel any different? Ca-"

"Okay, okay, Normani breathe," Ally chuckled.

"I'm so happy you're alive," Normani exhaled.

"Yeah, me too," Ally snorted.

"Tell me all about it," Normani clapped, sitting on the bed.

Dinah groaned, "Mani my feet."

Normani chortled and stood, allowing Dinah to pull her feet up before sitting back down, "my bad. Also hi."

"Hey," Dinah chuckled and rolled her eyes as Ally plopped herself in her lap, "dude, seriously."

"I'm sorry!" Ally exclaimed through her laughter.

"It really isn't that hard to remember, Allyson," Dinah grumbled, wrapping her arms around Ally's waist.

"I- yeah, I know," Ally chuckled.

"Remember what?" Normani tilted her head. Ally felt Dinah tense under her.

"She has sensitive thighs," Ally said, patting Dinah's hands.

Normani raised an eyebrow, "that's hard to believe but okay."

Dinah sighed and looked at Normani for her reaction, "I've got a dick and I'd appreciate it if you kept that knowledge to yourself."

"You have a dick?" Normani repeated.

"Yes, but don't tell anyone," Dinah said, raising her eyebrow.

"Oh, okay," Normani shrugged, "so te-"

"Wait you're cool? Like, not worried or..." Dinah trailed off.

"I mean yeah, why wouldn't I be? You've just got a dick, not that big of a deal. Okay anyway, Ally, tell me all about this weekend," Normani looked at Ally, completely dismissing the previous topic.

"Huh, alright," Dinah mumbled, burying herself into Ally's neck and sighing.

"It was a rollercoaster, oh my gosh. It took me forever to even shift and shit, that was painful. Like I-" Ally's phone began ringing. Normani groaned and threw her hands up in the air, it seemed as if the world didn't want Normani to talk to her best friend. Ally's eyes widened as she picked up her phone, "my parents are calling."

"I'll just um, disappear," Dinah slid down lower, hiding behind Ally's back. Normani covered her laugh as Ally inhaled, slowing answering the call.

"Hola mija!"

Ally smiled weakly, "hi."

"Sorry we're calling so unexpectedly, we just finally found free time in our schedules."

"It's okay, don't worry about it," Ally said, briefly sharing a look with Normani.

"Is someone there with you?"

"Yeah, Normani's here," Ally turned the phone to show her best friend.

"Hi parents!" Normani waved with a smile.

"Hi Mani! So nice to see you!"

"Nice to see you as well," Normani nodded.

"Well this is perfect. So, your father and I have decided to move out here and leave you with the house. Our stuff has already been moved out, so you have the house to yourself. The house is already paid off, so we just notarized everything and left the house in your name."

Ally's eyes widened, "o-oh, thank you."

"Of course, that way we don't have to worry about boarding, even though we weren't paying much anyway. We alerted the school that you'd be moving out over winter break, and if Normani wants to join Andrea would just have to let the school know as well."

"Okay," Ally nodded once.

"Alright, I'm sorry that's all we have time for today, we've got a meeting to get to. Hope you enjoy the house mija! We love you!"

"It's okay, thanks for-" — her sentence was cut short by them hanging up. She sighed — "calling."

"I know they're your parents and all, but they're kind of shitty parents," Dinah was the first to break the silence.

"This is always how it's been," Ally whispered, lifting to allow Dinah to scoot back up. She rested her chin on Ally's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Als," Normani frowned slightly.

Ally shook her head, "it's okay, seriously. At least now we have a house instead of the dorms."

"Do you want me to move in?" Normani asked carefully.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?" Ally furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't know, just kind of figured Dinah would also be there," Normani shrugged.

"Well yeah, that's a given bu-"

"That is?" Dinah perked up.

"How is that not a given?" Ally snorted, "but why wouldn't I want to live with my best friend?" Normani shrugged. Ally added, "and Lauren can move in as well I guess."

"Oh you don't have to invite her, she's perfectly fine at home," Dinah said immediately, making Normani and Ally laugh.

"Why's that?" Ally teased.

Dinah groaned, "fine. I guess."

"I'm so excited!" Normani clapped, "now can you please, finally, tell me about what happened?"

Ally chuckled, "sure."

== + ==

"So what's going on with you and Camila?" Dinah asked Lauren.

"Nothing really, we're just fucking around," Lauren shrugged.

"Not exclusive or anything like that?" Dinah tilted her head.

"Nah," Lauren shook her head, "we like where we're at now, so it'll just stay that way until one of us gets into a relationship."

"I see," Dinah nodded.

"Where's short stack?" Lauren asked.

"She's with Normani. Normani wanted a day with Ally so they're out doing whatever," Dinah shrugged.

"That's nice, Ally has been away from Normani for a bit," Lauren said.

"I know, I feel bad. Ever since we got together, Ally has been with me all the time. Not that I'm complaining because she's my girlfriend and I love hanging out with her, but I just feel like it shouldn't always be like that. I mean Normani was her best friend first, I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to take Ally away from her," Dinah's nose scrunched up as she folded into the pillow in her lap.

Lauren frowned, "I don't think Mani sees it like that. She knows that you're mates and dating, so it's kind of a given that Ally's going to want to spend time with you. It also isn't completely your fault Ally was gone for five days, I mean yeah she turned for you but she ultimately made the choice to. You're overthinking it Di, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?" Dinah asked timidly.

Lauren chuckled, "yes, I'm sure. Talk to Mani about it if you still feel like that. Trust me, it isn't anyone's fault. Plus, they're hanging out now, it's not the end of the world. Everything will work itself out."

"Okay, if you say so," Dinah sighed.

A/n: pretty much a filler chapter