xiii.

Dinah could smell down the hall, her eyes widening as she could feel her wolf forcing a shift. She ran down the hall, away from Ally's door and back to the elevator, trying to forget the scent.

Dinah made it outside, inhaling fresh air for a few minutes before pulling her phone out and putting it to her ear.

"Hola mi amor, where are you?"

"Ally, I can't see you for a while," Dinah trailed off.

"What? Why? Did I do something wrong?" she could hear the hurt in her voice.

Dinah chuckled, "no baby. Do you have your period?"

"Oh," Ally snorted, "yeah, why?"

"I could smell it from down the hall," Dinah began walking back to her dorm, "I can't be around you like that."

"Why?"

"Because it'll make me want to mate, not Dinah but my wolf, Jay. It's like when a dog is in heat, the whole point is to mate with another to have babies. But obviously we aren't ready for that and I just don't want our first time to be like that. So, this has to happen until your period is over, okay?"

"That sucks," Ally grumbled.

Dinah chuckled, walking into her empty dorm, "it does. But it's for the best. When you turn, your body will go through heats instead of periods, which is literally just more intense periods."

"Absolutely wonderful," Ally said sarcastically.

"The good thing is it's only about four times a year," Dinah said.

"Oh actually that isn't that bad."

"I wouldn't know personally since I don't really go through heats," Dinah shrugged.

"You don't?"

"Nah, it's like once every year or two," Dinah said.

"That's weird."

"I guess so," Dinah sighed.

"I seriously can't see you?"

"You seriously can't see me, Lauren either."

"What?!"

"She's still part wolf, and even though you're imprinted it'll affect Lauren and her need for sex as well," Dinah explained.

"Damn, wolves are whack," Ally snorted.

Dinah rolled her eyes and laughed lightly, "watch yourself."

"Guess I'm staying in my dorm for a week," Ally sighed.

"You don't have to," Dinah said.

"What else am I supposed to do?" Ally countered.

"Go hang with Mani, Daya, and Mila," Dinah suggested.

"I mean I guess, but it's no fun without you."

"Don't worry, this week will go by fast," Dinah said.

"It better."

= + =

Dinah lied. The week was going by painstakingly slow.

"Hey, I've got a little surprise," Normani said, walking into Ally's dorm.

"What is it?" Ally peeked up from her spot on the bed.

"Dinah put together a little gift basket," Normani held the item up, putting it on the bed. Ally sat up and smiled slightly, of course Dinah sent a gift basket.

"How are they?" Ally asked.

"Good," Normani shrugged, "Lauren's indifferent, probably because she isn't your mate. Dinah's going a little crazy, but nothing too bad."

"That's good to hear," Ally said.

"How much longer? I miss hanging with all my friends," Normani sat on the bed.

"Another three days," Ally groaned, flopping back in the bed.

"That is kind of long," Normani said.

"Yeah, super."

== + ==

After a week and a day (Dinah wanted to be sure), Dinah was finally walking to Ally's dorm. Ally had cleaned her room, did her laundry, took the trash out, sprayed air freshener, anything to get rid of the smell beforehand.

"Baby!" Dinah squealed when Ally opened the door.

"I missed you," Ally said, sighing in relief when Dinah wrapped her arms around her.

"Missed you too," Dinah pulled her over to the bed, "did you like your little gift basket?"

"Yes, of course I did. It was so cute," Ally smiled, climbing into Dinah's lap and resting her head on Dinah's shoulder.

"How was your week?" Dinah asked.

"Meh, alright I guess," Ally shrugged, "how about you?"

"Yeah, it was okay, I think I passed my psych test," Dinah said.

"Oh that's good!" Ally clapped, bouncing slightly. Dinah grunted. "My bad," Ally chuckled.

"All good, just remember that I got extra baggage next time," Dinah said.

Ally rolled her eyes, "do you ever plan on telling the girls?"

Dinah shrugged, "maybe, I don't really know. How would I bring that up? 'Hey by the way I've got a dick.' Like huh?"

Ally laughed, "yeah that's true. I guess you have to build the conversation up to it."

"Yeah, I'll figure it out in the moment. As of right now they're okay with not knowing," Dinah waved her off.

"I'm the only one who needs to know anyway," Ally muttered.

Dinah chuckled, "yeah, you're right," she trailed off, "you're really okay with becoming a wolf?"

Ally sighed and leaned away, looking at Dinah, "in all honesty, I'm a little uneasy about it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to. I want to be with you. It took me a while to realize that, but I think the mate thing kind of sealed the deal. Okay, can I be honest real quick?"

Dinah nodded, "of course, that's all I ask for really."

"Okay, well I've never actually dated a girl before, but I always knew I found them attractive, I just could never bring myself to interact with a girl in that way. I was scared, scared of what people would think, how my parents would react because of how religious my family is. I didn't know how to put myself out there like that. But then, I met you" — Dinah grinned widely, making Ally chuckle and roll her eyes — "everything with you came so easily and I wasn't questioning myself anymore. I just kind of let myself be, went with the flow. You made it a lot easier for me to be comfortable, with you and with myself. I want to be with you," Ally concluded, looking down.

Dinah tilted her chin up, "I want to be with you too. Granted, I've never dated anyone, in general, so this will be a new experience for me too. We can learn together, how's that sound?"

"Promise?" Ally asked.

Dinah smiled and held her pinky out, "pinky promise." Ally grinned and intertwined her pinky with Dinah's, pecking her lips.

a/n: actually really short for some reason idk i wrote this awhile ago. i think it's just a filler