iv.

"Hey, what's up with you and Ally?" Lauren asked when Dinah came into her dorm.

"What do you mean?" Dinah's eyebrows furrowed, plopping down onto Lauren's bed.

"You guys have been really close lately," Lauren deadpanned as she sat back down on her desk.

"Yeah with what her boyfriend allows," Dinah snorted with the roll of her eyes. Lauren raised an eyebrow. "He sees me as a threat so I only ever see her when she isn't with him, which remind you isn't much."

"I don't really like him," Lauren said, her face contorting into disgust.

"Me either, I've met him and he's very controlling, nor does he smell good," Dinah gagged in remembrance.

"As in he-"

"As in he smells like he hasn't showered in weeks so he decides to spray axe instead," Dinah said.

"Oh ew, yeah no. And I know he doesn't treat her very well either," Lauren frowned slightly.

"He does not, at all. He's always forcing her to do things and she gets all flinchy and extra sensitive around him. I don't like him," Dinah growled.

"I wonder how Mani feels about him, maybe we should ask," Lauren said thoughtfully, pulling her phone out and speed dialing her friend, "hey! Do you want to come down to my dorm and hang?"

"Okay, see you soon, love you," Lauren put her phone down and looked at Dinah, "where is Ally anyway?"

"Where do you think she is?" Dinah deadpanned.

"Oh," Lauren rolled her eyes, getting up when she could smell Normani at the door. She waited for a knock to open it, "hey."

"Hi," Normani smiled, walking into the room, "hi Dinah."

"Hey," Dinah waved.

"So what's up?" Normani asked. Dinah pulled her legs in and patted the bed for Normani to sit down. She flashed Dinah a smile in gratitude before sitting against the wall, adjacent to Dinah.

"How do you feel about Troy?" Lauren asked, sipping her water bottle.

"Troy? Ally's boyfriend Troy?" Normani raised an eyebrow. Lauren nodded. Normani hummed in thought, "well, I mean he's alright, I guess. I don't think he's the best fit for Ally, personally. He gets kind of possessive, even when she's with me."

"Safe to say you don't like him?" Dinah inquired.

"No, I seriously don't like him," Normani shook her head.

"Perfect because we don't like him either," Lauren smiled.

Normani snorted, "oh."

"Okay, well I haven't personally met the guy but from what Dinah says he doesn't sound the greatest," Lauren shrugged.

"What have you said?" Normani looked at Dinah.

"The few times I was with Ally and he came around, he was really pissy and I think he saw me as some type of threat. He's also always gross smelling, like always," Dinah wrinkled her nose.

"That's true, it does smell like he's sprayed himself with a whole bottle of axe," Normani nodded as Lauren gagged, "yeah, he acts like that when I'm around too, and I've been Ally's best friend since middle school," she rolled her eyes.

"All of this is telling me that this guy is fuckin' braindead," Lauren concluded, making Dinah and Normani laugh.

"He is a really big idiot, anyone can see Ally deserves better," Dinah added. Normani nodded in agreement.