iii.

Dinah and Ally met Lauren and Normani in the dining hall, collecting food before finding an open table.

"Nice jacket," Lauren said, eyeing Ally. Ally blushed, letting the cuffs fall over her hands. Lauren saw Normani's confused look and explained, "it's Dinah's."

"Oh," Normani nodded with a chuckle.

"I was cold," Ally mumbled, pulling one hand back out of the sleeve to eat her pasta. 

"Partially my fault, my room is always cold," Dinah shrugged, eating her hamburger.

"Same here," Lauren added.

"I'm excited for tonight," Normani smiled.

"Me too," Dinah sat up, "you might want to bring a blanket or two, it does get a little chilly."

"Good idea, I probably would've forgotten," Normani snorted.

"And if you don't feel comfortable sitting on a blanket, bring a towel," Lauren added.

"Smart," Ally nodded. The girls talked about random things as they ate, then separated and promised to meet up later.

= + =

Dinah was the first in the lobby with a towel in her hand, dressed in basketball shorts and a shirt. Normani and Ally walked in with comfortable clothing on and towels and blankets in their arms (Ally was still wearing Dinah's sweatshirt and it made Dinah smile). Lauren was the last to join in leggings and a shirt with a towel in hand.

"You guys won't be cold?" Ally asked with concern laced in her voice.

Dinah shook her head with a small grin, "don't worry we've lived in much colder places than Houston."

"Let's go," Lauren said, pointing out the door. Dinah had shown her the spot during daylight, allowing both girls to investigate before bringing their human friends.

Lauren walked in the very back as Dinah led them around the corner of their building.

Their campus was large, but surrounded by woods. The town was about a mile or two away. The dorms were near the bottom of campus and to the right, the classes spread from the bottom left of campus all the way up to the top where the gymnasium was. To separate the classes and dorms was the large quad, where students hang out in between class times. The dining hall and other small shops, like Dinah's coffee shop, were towards the top as well, just a bit closer than the gym.

Lauren and Dinah both agreed to being on high alert, knowing the ins and outs of the woods. Though they haven't been to this part of the woods in town just yet, they figured it was just like where their house was.

Once the four friends got to the small clearing, towels were rolled out and they were sitting. Dinah looked at Lauren and nodded, both girls concentrating on their sensible shift, before laying down. Ally and Normani laid in between Dinah and Lauren.

"I assume you guys know of Orion's Belt and the big and little dippers, and the seven sisters, no?" Dinah spoke quietly.

"Yeah, I think so," Ally nodded.

"Okay, try to point them out," Dinah challenged.

"Oh, is that the seven sisters?" Normani pointed first towards a small cluster of stars.

"Yeah," Lauren said.

"I think I'm staring at Orion's Belt but I'm not too sure," Ally tilted her head.

"Point it out," Dinah ordered softly. Ally raised her hand and pointed a little above the actual constellation, to the eye of the bull. Dinah smiled, grabbing Ally's forearm and guiding it down to the belt.