xxii.

"Bye! I'll see you guys later!" Normani yelled into the house.

"Bye Mani!" Dinah exclaimed from the kitchen, pouring herself a mug of tea before walking back upstairs. "Mani just left," Dinah announced when she walked into the room, Ally in the bathroom adjacent.

"What time is it?" Ally asked.

"Only five thirty, you have a whole hour to get ready," Dinah shrugged.

"And what about you?" Ally raised an eyebrow, pausing from applying makeup.

"I only need twenty babe, don't worry," Dinah sat on the bed gingerly, trading her mug for the television remote.

"You better not be scrambling last minute to get ready," Ally sang from the bathroom.

"I won't baby," Dinah shook her head, searching for a show.

+

"Dinah Jane I told you not to be running around last minute!" Ally yelled up the staircase, rolling her eyes as she walked toward the door. She heard Dinah's heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I wasn't, I just needed a hat," Dinah explained, pulling a snapback over the mane of her hair.

"Should've been ready five minutes ago," Ally chided, opening the door just as Brandon pulled into the driveway.

"But I'm ready to leave nonetheless," Dinah said, turning to lock the door behind her.

"Whatever," Ally shook her head, getting into the van, "hey munches," she greeted her nephew's in the second row, strapped into car seats.

"Hi Lily," Jack grinned.

"Dinah you can sit in the front," Gina said, hopping out of the passenger seat.

"Oh no no it's okay, I can si-"

"Don't worry about it," Gina chuckled and waved her off, "I need to catch up with my sister-in-law anyway."

"You're sure?" Dinah raised an eyebrow.

Gina nodded, "I'm sure."

"Okay, thank you," Dinah nodded as they split ways, Dinah joining Brandon in the front seat as Gina climbed into the back.

"Hey Dinah," Brandon said softly as he pulled out of the driveway, seeing Jack and Asher preoccupied and Gina and Ally already deep in conversation.

"Hey Brandon," Dinah said awkwardly, putting her elbow on the window sill and touching the top of the window with her fingers.

"So how long have you been in town? I don't remember you from the last time I was home," Brandon asked.

"Oh we got here earlier this year before the new school year began. My sister and I attend the university with Ally and Mani," Dinah answered.

"Gotcha," Brandon nodded, "how long have you and Ally been dating?"

"Just over a month," Dinah shrugged.

"Ally mentioned being your mate, if I remember correctly? What does that all mean?" Brandon inquired.

"Right, mates are who you end up with forever, if you choose your mate. So since Ally is my mate, and she chose to be my mate, I was able to imprint on her so that all the other werewolves know that she has already found her mate. That basically just keeps other roaming werewolves, ones without a mate, away from those imprinted. It is possible to steal one's mate, but very hard. So basically Ally's my forever and that isn't changing anytime soon," Dinah explained.

"Okay, I think I got it now. So you're basically married, is what that imprint is?" Brandon compared.

Dinah nodded, "it's pretty much a ring on her finger. But I do plan, once we are further into our relationship, proposing and hopefully having a wedding."