vii.

"Finally," Ally said exasperatingly, throwing her hands around Dinah.

Dinah chuckled and reciprocated the action, "you're so extra."

"That's you," Ally rolled her eyes, pulling away.

"Mani," Dinah reached out, hugging the girl.

"Hey DJ," Normani smiled.

"What am I? Dirt?" Lauren came up to the trio, waving to their father as he pulled away from the roundabout.

"Hi Lo!" Ally exclaimed, pulling the girl into a hug.

"Hey Ally," Lauren laughed lightly, "hi Mani." Normani joined the hug.

"Ally," Dinah sang.

"What?" Ally copied her tone.

"Don't you have something to tell us?" Dinah asked.

Ally shifted and nodded, "yeah."

"Let's go to my room," Lauren said, noticing Ally's change in mood. Dinah reached for Ally's hand, the girl smiling up at her as she slipped her hand into Dinah's.

The girls walked in a comfortable silence towards the dormitories. Ally swung their hands back and forth only for Dinah to raise their hands above Ally's head to make her spin. Ally giggled.

"They should just get together," Normani whispered to Lauren.

"That's what I was thinking," Lauren whispered back.

"I think boy toy Troy is long gone," Normani said.

"What makes you say that?" Lauren raised an eyebrow.

"She'll tell you in a second," Normani said. Lauren nodded as they walked into the building. Lauren unlocked her door, her roommate, Emma, collecting things from her desk.

"Hi Emma," Lauren greeted.

"Hey Laur, I'm on the way out," she said, looking at Dinah, Ally, and Normani.

"No worries, take your time," Lauren waved her off, sitting in her desk chair. Normani sat in her lap with a smile, making Lauren groan. Dinah pulled Ally over to the bed and they sat against the wall.

"I'm out, see you later!" Emma waved, opening the door.

"See you!" Lauren said as the door closed.

"So," Dinah looked at Ally.

Ally exhaled a long breath, "you two can't get mad and storm out, got it?" she looked at Lauren and Dinah, who shared the same confused look and nodded, "okay. The party, yes. We were just hanging out, dancing by the fire. And by we, I mean Mani and I and a few of our other friends. Then Troy grabbed me and pulled me away from the party. Um, at first we were just talking and you know, kissing. But then, he uh, started getting a little more handsy. I tried to push him off, and I eventually did, so I ran back to the party," she finished at a whisper. She winced when the grip on her thigh tightened.

"Sorry," Dinah mumbled, taking her hand away. Dinah knew she was leaving out the major detail about a wolf attacking Troy, but couldn't say anything. She was silently grateful the detail was left out, Lauren will kill her if she finds out.

"It's okay," Ally shook her head.

"So he tried to force himself on you?" Lauren asked, Ally nodding slightly. Lauren threw her hands up and shook her head.

Dinah leaned down and buried herself into Ally's side, "I'm just glad you're okay." Ally smiled slightly and put her arm on Dinah's shoulder, rubbing it soothingly.