xxi.

Dinah, Normani, and Ally all huffed as they sat down on the couches in the living room.

"I'm so glad we're finally done," Normani said.

"Right, gosh," Ally nodded.

"That was a pretty efficient move though," Dinah added.

"Well that's because we had all twenty of your family members helping us," Normani snorted.

"Which reminds me, I'm going to send a fruit basket their way," Ally said.

"You don't have to, honestly they were just doing their jobs," Dinah shrugged.

"Yeah but I want to anyway," Ally sighed.

The doorbell rang and all three girls shared weird looks.

"There's only one person at the door, I don't recognize his scent," Dinah said, her nose twitching as she got up. She gestured for the two girls to stay put as she got up and made her way to the door. "Were you expecting anyone?" she looked at Ally, who shook her head. Dinah looked through the peephole, "it's a man."

Ally got up and moved toward Dinah, looking out the side window and grinning before throwing the door open. Dinah's eyes widened as she picked Ally up by the waist and threw Ally behind her.

"Who are you?" Dinah asked, looking at the man.

"Who are you?" he laughed.

"Brandon!" Ally ran past Dinah and wrapped her arms around her brother.

"Brandon?!" Normani got up from her spot and raced over. Dinah raised an eyebrow, having heard the name before. She stood to the side and watched the interaction.

"Hey guys," he smiled, "so nice to see you guys again."

"You didn't tell me you were coming home!" Ally exclaimed, shoving his shoulder.

"Lily!" two little boys came running through the door, hugging Ally's legs.

"Jacky boy! Asher!" Ally bent down to hug the two boys.

"Oh my gosh they're so grown up!" Normani gushed, bending down.

"You guys remember Mani right?" Ally gestured to Normani. They both nodded and moved to hug Normani. "Gina, looking good as ever," Ally chuckled, embracing Brandon's wife as she came through the door.

"Oh please, look at you!" she laughed, waving her off, "Normani right? So nice to see you."

"Nice to see you as well," Normani grinned.

"Oh!" Ally turned to Dinah with a big smile, grabbing her arm and pulling her toward Brandon, "B, this is my girlfriend Dinah. Dinah, this is my brother, Brandon and his wife Gina."

"It's a pleasure to meet you folks," Dinah said curtly, shaking hands with both.

"Nice to meet you too, this is Jack and Asher, our two boys," Brandon gestured to the boys at his feet.

"Hi guys," Dinah smiled, waving.

"Hi," Jack giggled.

"Please come in," Ally said, Dinah closing the door and following the crowd into the living room.

"Where's Mom and Pops?" Brandon asked, sitting on the couch next to Gina. Jack and Asher both sat on the floor, running their cars on the coffee table. Normani sat in one single while Dinah and Ally shared the love seat.

"They didn't tell you they moved to Mexico?" Ally's eyebrows furrowed as she leaned into Dinah's side.

"They didn't, would've been nice to know," Brandon shook his head.

"If it makes you feel any better, they told me after they moved everything out of the house," Ally shrugged.

"So how's everyone been? Catch me up on everything," Brandon clapped. Ally looked up at Dinah.

"If you want to you can," Dinah shrugged.

"Okay well I met Dinah in the beginning of the year and her sister Lauren and Mani are study partners, so we were around each other naturally. I broke up with Troy because he was an asshole and I didn't realize it" — Normani and Dinah nodded quickly — "I denied my feelings for Dinah because I never thought it would happen. Okay, don't freak out, but Dinah is sort of a werewolf," Ally paused. Brandon and Gina wore similar looks of surprise but gestured for her to go on, "and so I found out that I was her mate after a while. Then we got together, I'm sort of a werewolf too, and yeah, that's about it," Ally shrugged.

"Wait back up, you're a werewolf too?" Brandon raised an eyebrow.

"I sort of had to turn in order to be with Dinah, so yes. It's been about a month now though," Ally said.

"Okay, but you're okay?" Brandon asked.

Ally nodded, "of course, Dinah's the best girlfriend I could ask for." Dinah smiled proudly at that, making Normani laugh.

"Mommy I gotsta potty," Jack said, standing in front of Gina.

"Alright, let's go then," Gina got up and began walking away.

"So now you guys live here?" Brandon continued.

"All three of us," Ally nodded.

"Well that's nice, when'd you guys move in?"

"Actually we just finished today," Dinah chuckled.

"Oh wow, it doesn't look like it at all," he looked around.

"Yeah we kept whatever Mom and Dad left for us," Ally shrugged.

"We were going out to dinner and then walk around downtown later tonight, you guys are welcome to join," Brandon offered.

"Thank you but I have a family dinner tonight, it's Gran's birthday," Normani smiled.

"Tell her we said happy birthday," Ally said.

"Will do," Normani nodded.

"But we're clear to go, right?" Dinah looked at Ally.

Ally nodded, "I don't see why not." Gina and Jack returned from the bathroom.

"Awesome, great! Well we just wanted to come by and say we were in town. I thought Mom and Pops were gunna be home but I guess not. But we'll see you guys tonight?" Brandon said, getting up.

"Yes you will," Dinah, Normani, and Ally followed the family to the front door and bid them farewell.

Dinah closed the door and turned to the two behind her, "I say we take a house nap."

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, I'm all for it," Normani nodded.

"Okay bub," Ally smiled.

Dinah chuckled and shook her head, "you're adorable, c'mon," she pressed a kiss to Ally's forehead before dragging her toward the couch.

a/n: oops fairly short and really it's just a filler but brandon's home 😄