v.

"The full moon is on Halloween," Dinah informed.

"Oh wow," Lauren looked up at her.

"It'll be an interesting night, that's for sure," Dinah said, putting her phone down. Her nose twitched at the scent in front of her doorway, recognizing the lavender, coconut, and honey all too easily. She got up and adjusted her shorts before opening the door, "hey guys, come in."

"Hi DJ," Normani smiled, walking in.

"Hey," Ally tippytoed and kissed Dinah's cheek in greeting before walking in. Dinah closed the door, watching Normani pull the other desk chair out from her roommate's desk and Ally flop onto her bed, pulling the comforter over herself.

"What's up?" Lauren asked.

"Well, there's a Halloween party in the woods and we're all invited," Normani began with a giddy smile, only for it to quickly drop at the weary looks Dinah and Lauren gave each other, "what? Why do you guys look like that?"

"We have a family party that night," Lauren turned to the girl and frowned, "our parents love Halloween, so we usually have a party."

"Oh, so you guys can't come?" Normani frowned.

Dinah shook her head, "we would if we could. Honestly I'm bummed."

"Me too," Lauren added.

"Man I was hoping we could do a cute group outfit," Normani grumbled.

"Regardless, if you were to do a group outfit you'd have to do a trio, Troy wants to be Danny and Sandy from Grease," Ally piped up. After their incident, Troy apologized, saying he wasn't thinking straight and that it wouldn't happen again. Of course, Dinah, Lauren, and Normani were all skeptical of this apology. But Ally, not knowing any better, accepted it anyway.

"Troy wants to be Danny and Sandy from Grease?" Lauren repeated in surprise.

Ally nodded, "I suggested Troy and Gabriela, but he wanted Grease," she shrugged.

"Interesting," Normani nodded, turning to the siblings, "I really wish you guys could come."

"You said it was in the woods?" Dinah raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, in between the town and campus," Normani shrugged, "they wanted to do a bonfire."

Lauren looked at Dinah briefly, "typical college students and their damn party in the woods on Halloween night," she shook her head, making the other two laugh. Her and Dinah have seen how these parties ended. The year before, though it wasn't a full moon, there was indeed a party on Halloween in the woods. It didn't end very well.

"It's fun, we do it every year," Normani scoffed.

"Well, you guys have fun and be safe," Lauren said with a slight sigh.

"Don't worry, Lolo, we'll be fine," Ally waved her off.

== + ==

"I really don't want to wear this," Ally held the tiny skirt up.

"Then don't," Dinah shrugged, looking up from her phone.

"Bu-"

"But what?" Dinah raised an eyebrow, knowing exactly what her protest was going to be.

Ally sighed, "I don't have another one."

"That's a lie, you showed me the costume online," Dinah said.

Ally glared at the brunette, "I just," she groaned, throwing her head back.

"Just wear the other one, Als, it'll be fine," Dinah said.