013. waiting for that

"leah, you do not understand how fast my heart is beating right now." kylie said, pacing back and forth along her bedroom floor. "I might die."
"You're not going to die." leah assured her.
"I'm so nervous. why am I nervous? I've had first dates before." kylie spoke quickly, still pacing.
"Maybe because you actually like him." leah said. "Just breathe."
"Do i look okay? be honest." kylie asked, standing still and moving her phone so leah could see her whole outfit.
"You look gorgeous." she assured her.
"Are you sure?" kylie turned, looking at herself in her mirror and spinning so she could see her hair. "Maybe I should straighten my hai-"
"I wouldn't lie to you, ky."
just as leah finished her sentence, there was a knock at kylies door.
kylie stopped in her place, and her eyes went wide.
"Girl, go and have fun. I want to hear all about it when you get back."
"Okay, okay, bye." kylie blew a kiss at her screen before hanging up.

killatrav

killatrav
I remember where they're
going now

killatrav
the drive-in theatre

leahgregoryy
I figured that out already

leahgregoryy
Well done tho

killatrav
do u wanna go spy on
them

leahgregoryy
what 😭

killatrav
is that a no

leahgregoryy
yes that's a no.

killatrav
ur probably really bored
rn cos kylies not there to hang
with... ;)

leahgregoryy

are u asking me to hang out
with you

killatrav
only if u want me to be

leahgregoryy
📍 leahs house

leahgregoryy
come and get me then

At the same time, leah and travis were meeting up to go on their 'date', patrick and kylie were already on theirs.
they were in the bed of Patrick's truck, sat on a blow-up mattress and surrounded by blankets and pillows whilst watching the movie.
they had parked towards the back corner so no one could spot them or interrupt them.
"You look beautiful tonight." patrick smiled, looking down at kylie, who had her head leaning against his shoulder.
"You're not too bad yourself." she smiled back up at him, earning herself a small chuckle from patrick as she did so.
he placed his arm over her and rested his hand gently on her waist.
"I meant it." he whispered into her ear.
kylie turned her head back towards him so their faces were only inches apart. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."
"i-" kylie started to speak
he connected their lips before she could protest.
it wasn't needy or rough like the other kisses they had shared that one night in New york. this kiss was tender and innocent, with a lot more feelings behind it.
kylie broke the kiss with a smile, keeping her hands where she had moved them to, on the back of Patrick's head.
"I've been waiting for that."
she kissed him again, for longer this time. patrick moved his other hand to kylies waist, pulling her closer to him.
"patrick." kylie said, pulling away after a short while, noticing patricks hand moving lower down her body.
"mhm?"
"This is as far as I'm going tonight," she paused, kissing him again. "As far as I'm going in the bed of your truck anyway."
"That's fine by me, ky. we're going at your pace with this, okay?" he assured her. kylie nodded, going back to kissing him, smiling into the kiss as she noticed him move his hand back up to her waist.

the same couldn't be said for leah and travis, who were currently having the time of their lives in travis' bed.

it was nearly eleven o'clock that night when patrick and kylie returned to kylies home.
she had invited him in, and somehow they had started watching 'brooklyn nine nine' whilst laying on top of her bed.
kylie had her head lay on Patrick's chest and had one of his arms wrapped around her.
"You can go to sleep, ky, I don't mind." he smiled down at kylie, whose eyes were barely staying open.
"You don't have anywhere to be in the middle of the night?" she joked.
patrick shook his head, laughing.
"I'm staying here, don't worry."
kylie smiled and slowly let herself drift off to sleep, patrick following shortly after.