024. a good kisser

"You ready?" kylie asked, placing her last earing in her ear and looking over at patrick, who was messing with his hair in the mirror. they were getting ready to go on a double date with travis and leah.
patrick didn't respond. He was too caught up in trying to make his hair look good.
he noticed her looking at him and glanced over.
"Huh?"
"I said, are you ready?" she repeated
"Oh, nearly." he turned back to the mirror and adjusted one of his curls, cursing under his breath as it fell back onto his forehead.
"Leave it, i think it's cute like that." kylie said, walking over and fixing the collar of his shirt.
"You're cute." he smiled down at her. he watched as her cheeks flushed pink, and she looked away from his eyes in an effort to hide it.
she turned, now looking at herself in the mirror.
"Are you one hundred per cent sure my dress isn't too short?" she asked, pulling it down slightly.
"Yes, Ky. I've told you a thousand times." he smiled, kissing the top of her head.
"Okay, okay, let's go."

they arrived at the restaurant shortly after leah and travis, who had already been there a short while and been seated.
"I told you they'd match." leah gently elbowed travis as patrick and kylie sat down opposite them.
travis looked up from their conversation to look at the couples' perfectly coordinated outfits.
"How do you look dressed up in jeans?" he asked patrick, who laughed in response.
"l had a good stylist, even though i couldn't wear my blue shirt." he smiled at kylie and placed his hand on her thigh once they were both sat down.
"it's common sense not to wear two different shades of blue, pat." she joked.
the four adults conversed throughout the night, their conversation flowing easily from subject to subject. they eventually landed on the topic of leahs pregnancy.
"So, do you want a girl or a boy?" kylie asked, sipping at her drink through the straw.
"I don't mind." leah shrugged.
"it's a boy, I know it." travis smiled.
"well actually it's too early to tell, we need to wait till February, trav." leah smiled, placing her hand on his shoulder.
"That's three months away." he frowned.
kylie laughed at his expression.
"it'll come sooner than you think." she smiled.
"i mean, if you think about it, it's only like thirteen games away." patrick added
"That means there's thirteen games till the superbowl, too." kylie mentioned.
the conversation changed to them all talking about the guys' upcoming games, how they were definitely going to win the Super Bowl, and their plans for the off-season.
as the night came to an end, kylie could feel herself getting tired and patrick noticed, despite her efforts to hide her sleepiness.

as they made their way outside afterwards, the cold air of the night hit kylie and patrick suddenly, causing goosebumps to rise from their arms.
neither of them had thought to bring jackets when they left, both of them simply forgetting that now it was nearing the end of October, the nights were getting colder.

"You're shivering." patrick stated the obvious as he started the engines of his car.
"mhm." kylie nodded, shivering as she leant forwards and turned the heaters on.
"Here." he reached into the backseat and grabbed a hoodie, tossing it onto her lap.
"Thanks." she smiled.
she pulled the hoodie over her head, letting out a small laugh as she noticed how big it was on her.
"Red is definitely your colour." patrick said, his eyes glancing at kylie quickly before focusing back on the road.
"Your colour." she corrected him."I like seeing you in red every Sunday, I don't know how I'll cope in the off-season."

they arrived back at Patrick's house shortly before midnight that night.
kylie giggled at something patrick had said as she walked through the front door, gently shutting it behind her so she didn't scare the dogs.
"c'mere." patrick said, his voice barely above a whisper.
he gripped kylies waist and pulled her towards him. she instinctively stood on her tiptoes and snaked her arms up behind his head, combing her fingers into his hair as they connected their lips in a slow kiss.
they both pulled away after a while to catch their breath.
"What was that for?" kylie asked, pecking patricks lips once again.
"You've looked so damn good all night, and I haven't been able to kiss you. I'm just catching up on what I've missed." he smirked.
"I wish I could've been kissing you all night." kylie mumbled against his lips. "How long till it's finalised?"
"One month, baby. one month till I can show the world that I got the prettiest girl there is out there."
"You just wanna show off that you're a good kisser." kylie joked
"Oh, so I'm a good kisser?"
kylie nodded, gently biting her bottom lip as her eyes fixed onto patricks. the dim light above them turning his normal brown eyes to a beautiful Hazel green.
"Don't let it get to your head, mahomes."

a/n
filler chapters are so boring to write. I literally have no ideas. pls comment stuff u wanna see in them bc I have no ideas.