018. letting me talk

it was now a few days later, and kylie was getting ready for the game that afternoon, stressing about what to wear once again. for the past few games she had gone to, she had sat with leah on the bleachers, but today was different because travis bad invited leah to sit in his suite with his family and of course told her to bring kylie up there with her as well.
to kylie, this meant she had to make a good first impression. why? she had no clue. the people she was going to be meeting weren't her boyfriends family, they were here best friends boyfriends family, but she still felt obliged to make them like her.
it took her an hour and a half to pick out her outfit. she ended up choosing a black skirt and a red sweater with a bow in her hair to match and little silver earrings with fifteens on them as a subtle way to show her support for patrick without there being one hundred different news articles about it.
patrick and kylie had decided together to keep their relationship private from the media for the minute, just until they were both comfortable with being asked questions about eachother in interviews or getting followed by paparazzi when they went out together. so for now, kylie was only at the games as leahs friend.

kylie and leah drove to the game in leahs car because they had plans to leave separately, and patrick was going to drive kylie.
when they got to the stadium, a few of the security guys directed them to the suite, and two of them stayed with them until they got to the door.

kylie felt like her heart was beating faster and faster as she and leah approached the suite. she had hated meeting new people her whole life, making sure to keep her circle small all throughout her childhood and into her teen years and now, in the past three months, she had met at least 30 new people, and she was about to meet even more.

"Donna, hi!" leah chirped as soon as the pair entered the suite. she walked over to hug travis' mom, leaving kylie behind, awkwardly standing by herself, trying to stay out of everyone's way.
she was there for a short while, observing as leah greeted travis' mom and his dad, brother, and his brothers three children.

"Are you okay? you look nervous." kylie was interrupted by a woman coming and sitting next to her at the bar at the back of the suite.
"I'm good, i just dont know anyone here, and im not great with new people," kylie smiled, stirring her drink with the straw.
"Oh, me neither, dont worry." the woman said."I'm kylie, by the way. kylie kelce."
"I'm kylie, too."  kylie said with a small laugh
"Ah, New york. I've heard about you. "
"i think everyone in this stadium has."
kylie kelce nodded slowly.
"So you don't know anyone in here?" she asked. the other kylie shook her head.
"No one." she confirmed.
so for the next few minutes, the kylies sat talking as kylie kelce told kylie mcgraw who everyone was, and how they were related to travis.

the game was going well for the chiefs until the fourth quarter, and in the end, the other team, the buffalo Bills, ended up winning by four points.

"Hey." kylie smiled at patrick as he walked out of the locker room, now back in his normal clothes with his bag in his hand.
"Hey, gorgeous." he hugged her and kissed her on the forehead and then the lips, doing his best to smile, trying to hide the fact that he was sad about the loss.
"You played great today." kylie complimented him as they walked away from everyone. patrick simply hummed in response, wanting to get away from everyone else as soon as possible.

the drive back to patricks house wasn't any different to if he had won the game, so kylie began to think maybe patrick was just tired. she was wrong. as soon as they entered his house and got upstairs, he collapsed on his bed next to kylie and rolled over until he was practically all on top of her.
he buried his head in her chest, mumbling something about how he disappointed her.
"Don't be silly, pat. you haven't disappointed me at all." kylie assured him, running her hands into his hair.
"I'm sorry for being short with you, I know you were trying to be nice." he apologised."I just wanted to get away from everyone."
"I know." she assured him, gently massaging his scalp.
"I a mean guy when I'm angry, ky, I don't mean any of it. I needed to get away from trav before I said anything."
"Why trav?" kylie asked, wondering if travis had also been ridiculously open and annoying about his sex life, along with leah.
"he dropped the ball that would've got us the winning touchdown, and someone on the other team picked it up. I know he's distracted at the minute, but like cmon."
kylie hummed in agreement.
"I get it." she assured him.
patrick continued to vent to kylie about almost everyone in his life that night. something about being held in her arms the way he was and having her hands in his hair and gently scratching his back made him feel so at ease and by the end of the night, his chest felt a lot lighter.

"Thank you." he mumbled, nearly asleep
"For what?" kylie asked, her hands still scratching his head.
"Letting me talk, I've never been so open with someone before." he looked up and kissed kylie
"You're welcome, my love." kylie smiled.