002. a cold empty bed.

kylie woke up the next morning to an empty bed. a cold, empty bed. that meant the man from last night had been gone a while.
"fuck" she sighed and began searching for her phone. she lifted up all of the pillows on her bed and the duvet, it wasn't under either of them. she searched under her bed and it wasn't their either.
"oh come on!" she groaned, kicking a pillow that was now on the ground as she made her way over to her closet.
she picked out a grey long sleeve top and a pair of straight leg jeans, figuring she looked good enough to quickly get to daves bar and see if her phone was there.
she grabbed her purse and headed out the door.

Once she arrived at the bar she walked in to see dave setting up for the morning, when the bar was run as a cafe.
"morning kid." he called, finishing wiping the table he was at and walking over to behind the counter. "you here for your phone?" he picked it up from below the counter and hemded it to her.
"oh thank god its here, thank you dave." she gushed.
"woah did that man rob you or something?" he asked, only half joking.
"only of my dignity." kylie smiled.
"he left?" dave asked
"no number or anything." she confirmed.
"bummer." dave turned around and grabbed a fresh coffee that had been pouring behind them and placed it on the bar in front of her. "on the house."
"you're too good to me dave." kylie smiled, happily taking a sip. "I need to start packing my stuff but I'll come and see you before leave, promise."
"okay, kid, take care of yourself."

as soon as kylie got back to her apartment she facetimed her best friend, leah.
"why are you dressed like fiona Gallagher?" she asked as she answered the call.
kylie looked at her outfit.
"oh god I am." she groaned.
she began to assemble boxes whilst talking to her friend about her rendezvous from last night.
"and he just left, without leaving anything?" leah asked.
kylie nodded.
leah paused with a cheeky smile on her face.
"how big was he?"
kylie paused wrapping her plates and bowls in newspaper and stared in the camera.
"leah-"
"tell me when to stop." leah put her palms together and slowly separated them, her expression changing as the gap between her palms got bigger and bigger.
"stop."
"Jesus christ ky! how did he not tear through you?" she shouted, complete shock in her voice.
kylie laughed at her friends comment.
"he was so gentle with me, leah, it was almost refreshing to have someone care like that."
"girl-"
"like you know how as soon as a guy comes through your door he just- boom- starts kissing you, he didn't, he asked me, and he kept asking everytime he did something."
"oh that is sweet, also, that's the bare minimum." leah reminded her.
"ugh I know, I think I have problems."
leah laughed and the two girls continued their chatting for a few hours until leah had to go and do something.
kylie finished packing her kitchen into boxes, leaving out a bowl, plate and a few pieces of cutlery that she could use throughout the week.
she moved on to pack the decor in her living room and the pictures hanging around the place.
at the end of the day, her apartment was nearly completely bare, with only the essentials being left out.
she went to bed alone that night, thinking about her mystery man from the night before.