021. I'm mic'd up

kylie watched from towards the back of the tunnel with a smile on her face as patrick yelled out words of motivation for his teammates, who were all in a huddle, getting ready to run onto the field.
he noticed her watching just as he finished his speech and smiled.
"Chiefs on three, one two three!" He called out.
"Chiefs!" the whole team chorused after him.
he jogged over and wrapped his arms around her waist.
"Hey, beautiful." he said, giving her a kiss on the lips.
"Hey baby." she returned the kiss, standing on her tiptoes and resting her hands on his shoulders. "Good luck, you're gonna do great."
"I know that." he smirked, moving one of his hands so it was resting on her butt. he lowered his voice to a hushed whisper in her ear. "Have I ever told you how good you look in red?"
"Oh, stop it, you know damn well you look better in red than i ever will." she blushed, resting her forehead against his chest.
patrick laughed, both of them being interrupted by someone yelling at him to get ready.
"I'll see you later, baby." he gave her one last kiss before jogging back to his teammates.
he looked at travis, knowing he was about to say something that was most likely a bit unhinged.
"I'm mic'd up, don't say anything stupid." he warned.
"well then i'm not saying anything at all." travis smirked, placing his helmet on his head.
patrick did the same, and they both ran out onto the field, hyping up the crowd like they usually did.

the game was going pretty well for the 49ers in the first half of the game but towards the end of the third quarter the chiefs began scoring touchdown after touchdown, resulting in them overtaking the 49ers by quite alot of points.
"kelce catches, he's into the endzone, and that's another touchdown for kansas City!" the commentator called out as the stadium erupted into cheers, along with everyone in the suite.
"Yeah! go, Uncle travvy!" kylie cheered, giving travis' niece, wyatt, a high five.
"Yeah!" the young girl cheered enthusiastically, a big smile on her face as she looked down at the field. kylie had taken on the role of entertaining her whilst kylie and jason were busy tending to Ellie, who was particularly fussy that afternoon.

going into the fourth quarter, it was clear the chiefs were going to win. Even if the 49ers intercepted every throw, they still wouldn't win.
"and mahomes is looking, but there is no one to throw - oh, he's running! he's near that end zone, and - ohh, he's tackled, right into the sidelines to! haha, he nearly took brock purdy of his feet. That was a close one." the commentator announced.
"Oh, they're yelling. Are they fighting? I've never seen that before."
kylies spun her head quickly to one of the screens in the suite as soon as she heard that last sentence.
sure enough, brock and patrick were clashing their helmets together and pushing each other in the chest, clearly yelling at each other.
kylie watched in shock as the refs and some of the other players ran over and attempted to separate them.
patrick shoved brock, and he stumbled backwards a few steps, allowing one of the refs to step in between them and separate them further.
another ref went over to patrick and made him sit on the bench whilst he talked to him. meanwhile, brock was yelling at the ref that was talking to him.
"Oh, purdy is hot! and he throws his towel at the ref - now he is ejected from the game!" the commentator announced again.
kylie directed her gaze towards patrick, moving closer to the glass to get a better view.
she watched as he spoke to the ref, light reflecting from his helmet as he nodded and shook his head.
he took his helmet off and said something to the ref, who then shook his head and motioned for him to get back on the field.
he smiled, thanking the ref before putting his helmet back on and running back onto the field.

by the end of the game, the chiefs had won by 21 points, and by the end of the game, all of the guys on the team were exhausted.
kylie was waiting for patrick like she usually did, except today, he was taking a little while longer.
when he eventually emerged from the locker room, he noticed kylie and immediately went over and kissed her, resting one of his hands on her waist and the other one slightly lower down.
"Hey, gorgeous." he smiled, kissing her again.
"Hey." she smiled. she could feel that he was tense as she hugged him.
"What took you so long?" she asked as they began to walk away hand in hand.
"Oh, I had to talk to someone about what not to post in the micd up video." he answered.
"micd up?" kylie cocked her head.
"Yeah, I had a little microphone on my shoulder pads, and it records what i say when im playing, and then they post it." he explained.
"Oh, right."

they arrived at Patrick's car, and he tossed his bag into the backseats as they both climbed in.
the drive back to patricks house was quiet at first. both of them focused on their own thing while the soft hum of 'last night' by Morgan wallen came from the radio.
"Do you wanna meet my mom?" patrick asked, snapping kylie out of her own thoughts.
"What, today?" she asked, alarmed. patrick shook his head.
"Not today, at my next game." he said
kylie hesitated. patricks' next game wasn't for another two weeks, so at least she would have time to prepare herself.
"Yeah, okay." she nodded slowly.
"You will?" he asked with a smile.
"Yeah." she smiled back.