023. just thinking.

kylie sighed, feeling patrick wiggle around underneath her for what felt like the one millionth time that night.
she lifted her head up from his chest and looked up at him.
"Are you okay? you've been tossing and turning all night." She asked
patrick didn't reply and kept his eyes shut. kylie knew he wasn't asleep, though. She could feel how tense he was as she lay against him.
"Pat, I know you're awake."
she pulled herself away and sat up, crossing her legs. "Talk to me."
"I'm just thinking." he mumbled
"Thinking about what?" she asked.
patrick hesitated, rolling onto his side so he could see kylie.
"How did you spend four years with him, ky? he's such a dick." he said, watching kylies face soften as she grew concerned.
"What did he say to you?" she asked, her voice soft and quiet.
"it's not what he said. It's how quick he was to say it. it's like he was waiting for me to go near him just so he could start saying shit."
"he's like that. he knows how to get a rise out of people."
she lay back down, propping her back up on the pillows and allowing patrick to lay his head on her chest as she played with his hair.
"I know I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, im sor-"
"dont be sorry,I think it was justified." she shrugged."Did you see how much he got fined?"
patrick shook his head.
"How much?" he asked.
"fourty five thousand." kylie answered.
"Oh damn."
she nodded, humming in agreement and twirling one of his curls around her finger.
something in Patrick's mind was screaming at him to tell kylie about his fine. he was fighting against it, not wanting to make her mad. eventually, after a while of silence, he decided it was best to come clean and be honest with her.
"I got fined, too." he admitted.
"I know." her voice was calm as she spoke, still playing with his hair.
"That's why i took so long, I wasn't talking to anyone about the mic'd up video."
kylie felt his shoulders grow tense against her.
"I know."
"Why aren't you yelling?" he asked, confused. he had assumed that upon hearing that he lied to her, kylie would push him off her and start shouting at him for breaking her trust.
"What?" kylie was even more confused.
"I lied to you, ky. you're supposed to be mad at me." he said
"I'm not mad, pat." she assured him.
and that was the truth. She couldn't bring herself to be mad at him even if she tried. it was only a small lie, and he probably only said it to get out of the stadium quicker.
she felt his shoulders relax and his breathing become deeper as she stayed playing with his hair, her own eyes growing heavy.
"I'm so glad you were at that bar." she murmured, burrying her face in his hair and gently placing a kiss on his head. "and that you ordered that disgusting drink."

a/n
filler chapters are so boring I'm sorry 😩