028. enchanted

kylie smiled as she watched patrick say his goodbyes and congratulate his teammates, wishing them all a merry Christmas and saying he'd see them on New years Eve.
he looked around and quickly spotted kylie, stood with a few of his teammates' wives and girlfriends, and quickly walked over to her.
"Hey, pretty girl." he smiled, sliding his hand to her lower back, pulling her closer to him and kissing the top of her head.
"Hey." she looked up, kissing him on the lips. "You played great today."
"Thank you, baby. You ready to go?" he asked. kylie nodded, quickly saying her goodbyes to the girls and walking out of the stadium with patrick, hand in hand as usual.

patrick loved how kylie was getting along with his teammates and their significant others. when she wasn't around, they often commented on how much they liked her. he'd even seen someone comment on an Instagram post about them calling her 'kansas cities princess' just like how kylie kelce was referred to as 'phillies princess' or 'princess kyana' by eagles fans.
it made him happy to see that she was being welcomed into chiefs kingdom with open arms, despite their relationship technically still being a rumour to them.

"I've never really flown private before." kylie mentioned, her fingers entwined in Patrick's hair as he lay his head on her lap.
"Never?" he asked, a bit surprised.
"Nope. well, not since i was a baby. It's so nice." she smiled, pausing for a moment. "You look tired, love."
"I am a little bit." he shrugged. that was a complete lie, he was exhausted after winning his game and immediately getting on a plane, barely even resting whilst he showered and changed after his game because he wanted to get to kylie as soon as he could.
"Have a nap, we've still got like four hours till we land." kylie said, her voice was soft, and this combined with her hand gently stroking along patricks forehead and into his hair made him want to fall asleep almost instantly.
"But I wanna talk to you." he complained, fighting a yawn.
"How about I talk, and you lay there with your eyes shut and listen?" kylie suggested.
"That's not a bad idea." he mumbled, shutting his eyes and adjusting himself so he was more comfortable.
it didn't take long for patrick to fall asleep. it was maybe ten minutes at most before his breathing deepened, and he began softly snoring. kylie stayed stroking his hair for a while, eventually falling asleep herself.

when he woke up, his head was no longer resting on kylies lap. In fact, kylie was nowhere near him.
he sat up, letting his eyes adjust to the light as he looked around the plane.
he noticed her sat down, leaning on a table, hastily writing in a notebook she always carried with her. it was one of those diaries you'd get when you were younger, with a small padlock on it and two little keys that kylie kept on her necklace.
he got up and walked over, leaning over her shoulder to see what she was doing.
he could only read the first few sentences, written in her signature curly italic handwriting, before her hair covered the rest of the page.

shouldn't think it, or say it out loud.
what would happen,
if this plane to Paris went down?

"You do know we're not going to Paris, right?" he joked, making her jump.
"jesus christ, pat. how long have you been standing there?" she asked, quickly shutting the notebook.
"Like a minute." he shrugged. "Whatcha writing?"
he took a seat opposite her, resting his arms on the table in between them.
"Just a song." she smiled
"Can I read it?" He asked.
kylie thought for a moment before answering with a curt.  "No."
"Oh, come on." patrick pleaded.
"Nope." she shook her head, a smile creeping onto her face.
"Why not?" He asked.
"Well, i guess you can read an old one." kylie said, opening the notebook back up and flipping to one of the first few pages of the book. "I wrote this one when I was fifteen. It's called enchanted"
she turned the notebook towards patrick and watched him as he read the words on the page.
"You were fifteen? this is so good. who's it about?"
"Funny story, actually. I wrote it about this guy who was on the football teamwhot was playing against ours in high school when I was a cheerleader. and then after the game, I saw him making out with a girl under the bleachers." she laughed, taking the notebook back and locking it.
"You wrote all that about a guy you saw once?" patrick raised his eyebrows.
"I was fifteen." kylie rolled her eyes, smiling.
"You're unbelievable."