022. right off her finger

"ooh, nice job, eight-seven!" Patrick complemented, roughly patting travis on the back after he had just scored a touchdown.
they both looked up at the suite, patrick immediately noticing kylie with wyatt on her hip, pointing down at the field and then giving her a high five.
his lips curved into a smile, and he waved up at her. she noticed, smiling and waving back, wyatt waving too.
this wasn't the first time he'd seen kylie with one of travis' nieces on her side, and his heart melted every time.

they were now in the fourth quarter of the game, and everyone knew that the chiefs were going to win.
patrick caught the ball, desperately looking across the stadium for someone to throw it to. nobody.
he made the split-second decision to run with the ball, darting in between players that were trying to tackle him.
as he approached the end zone, he could tell he wasn't going to get there and he was about to dive just as he was tackled by another player, sending him flying to the ground and rolling into the sidelines, nearly hitting a few of the players that were stood there.
"That was good, dawg!" He complimented the player as he helped him up from the floor.
the player gave him a nod of appreciation.
"Maybe watch where you fall next time, idiot." A voice came from behind him. patrick turned around to see brock stood there. he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, tilting his head a little to the side.
"What? I didn't get tackled on purpose, man. " he laughed, not really knowing if brock was messing with him or not.
"Well, if you were good enough." brock snapped back.
"Good enough? good enough for what?" patrick questioned, taking a small step towards brock.
"Good enough for the game, for her, everything. you're not good enough." brock yelled, also stepping towards patrick.
patrick knew better than to let words affect him, but brock bringing kylie into their little spat ticked him off a little bit too much.
"Is that what this is about? how the fuck would you know whats good for her?" he yelled, getting closer.
brock stepped closer once again, this time clashing their helmets together with quite a force.
"because I do, okay? and I know that she'll come back to me, too. you're just a rebound." he shouted, pushing patrick in the chest.
they both continued yelling insults at eachother and pushing eachother until one of Patrick's teammates pulled him away, but he wasn't done. without thinking he pushed around the guy and went straight back up to brock, hitting their helmets together once again.
"and you know what I did that night? I fucked that sorry little ring right off of her finger." he growled, shoving brock with so much force he stumbled backwards, allowing a ref to step in between them and the teammate to grab patrick once again.
"are you fucking crazy?" he asked, it was travis. a few more of his teammates had gathered around too, there was also a ref, and coach Reid who was visibly angry with him.
they forced him over to the other side of the field, as far away from brock as possible, and made him sit down on the bench.
"what do you think you're playing at?" Andy asked, trying to remain calm.
"he started it." patrick defended himself, throwing his arms in the air.
they heard the commentator announce that brock had been ejected and all look over, watching him storm off the field.
patrick looked back up tto the ref, now having taken his helmet off.
"please don't eject me, I was defending her, he sai-" he started.
the ref shook his head.
"I'm not ejecting you, get back out there." he said.
patrick quickly stood back up and placed his helmet back on his head.
"thank you, thank you so much." he said as he ran to take his place back on the field.

he couldn't bring himself to look up at kylie for the rest of the game. his thoughts were rushing through his head at one hundred miles an hour. was she mad at him? maybe she decided that she doesn't want to be with someone who can't control his anger? he'd told her a few weeks prior that he struggles with his anger, so she knows, but maybe seeing him angry like that would scare her away?

After the game, the guys were all in the locker room getting changed and discussing the game when Andy Reid walked in.
"mahomes, c'mon we need you."
patrick nodded and grabbed his bag, saying his goodbyes to the guys as he left.

Andy took him to a small room that had a table in the middle with a few guys sat around it. he had seen these guys before, in this exact same situation a few years ago when he got fined.
"oh shit." he sighed, taking a seat.
"patrick, we listened to the altercation you had earlier." one of the guys started. "we are aware that Mr purdy did infant initiate the fight, and he had been dealt with accordingly."
patrick nodded slowly, gently biting down on his tounge like he did whenever he was concentrating on something.
"however, the way you responded, both physically and verbally, is going to result in a fine, can you sign this please?" the man handed patrick a piece of paper with a list of terms and conditions on it, stating that he was being fined for 'Unnecessary Roughness (use of helmet)  and Unsportsmanlike Conduct Towards An Opposing Player (fighting, unsportsmanlike gestures)'.
he sighed, reading through it and signing in all of the spaces he had to before handing it back.
"how much?" he asked, preparing for the worst.
"twenty thousand dollars."
"holy shit." his eyes widened
"you're free to go."
patrick thanked them, walking out of the room, back through the now empty locker room and out the other side.
kylie was there, waiting for him still.
he went over and kissed her, resting one of his hands on her waist and the other one slightly lower down.
"hey gorgeous." he smiled, kissing her again.
"hey." she smiled. she could feel that he was tense as she hugged him.
"what took you so long?" she asked as they began to walk away hand in hand.
"oh I had to talk to someone about what not to post in the micd up video." he answered, lying. he didn't want to tell her about the fine for fear she would feel guilty.
"micd up?" kylie cocked her head, a look of confusion on her face.
"yeah, I had a little microphone on my shoulder pads and it records what i say when im playing and then they post it." he explained.
"oh, right."