005. hi new york

"Ugh, there's so many cameras," kylie groaned, taking her seat next to leah and sipping on the drink she had just bought. she had opted for a diet coke, whilst leah had a beer.
"You can't hide away from them forever, ky, plus I think it's good for you to be seen out and about. It shows that you're okay and you're not like hiding from people or whatever"
"I guess." kylie shrugged.

the game started, and it was going pretty good for the other team, the bengals, and it was clear that it was frustrating the chiefs.
one of the players on the chiefs, number fifteen, was running with the ball when another player tackled him, landing on his ankle.
he limped off to the side, clearly angry whilst his coach talked to him.
kylie watched his helmet move as he shook his head and threw his arms in the air.
the coach and another guy, who was on the medical team, were talking to him, and he turned around and threw his helmet on the floor, revealing his face.
"Oh god." kylie said, taking leahs drink and taking a big gulp.
"Hey! woah, what's wrong?" leah asked, seeing her friends shocked expression.
"Mystery guy is here." kylie kept her eyes fixed on where patrick had run into.
"What!" leah grabbed her friends arm. "Where?" she looked around in the crowds surrounding them.
kylie shook her head. "he's on the field."
leahs mouth hung open. "What! who!?"
"patrick." kylies voice was quiet, her mouth insanely dry "number fifteen."
"no fucking way! you fucked patrick mahomes!" leah was laughing in shock at this point, not knowing whether to believe her friend or not.
"oh my god." kylie covered her face and fell back into her chair. "this is not good"
"I'm gonna stay away from football players" leah mimicked what kylie had said just a few days ago.
"leah-"
"football players are all bad at sex"
"leah!" kylie hit her friends arm. "he just saw me."
both girls watched as patrick went and spoke to another guy on his team, number eighty seven, who turned and looked up at where kylie and leah were sat.
"do you think he's talking about you?" leah asked.
"one hundred percent."
they continued watching the game, noticing more and more of the players looking up at them as the game went on.
"girl they all know about you." leah pointed out as the game was coming to an end.
"I wonder what he's said about me."

the chiefs had played significantly better in the second half of the game and were now ahead of the bengals.
at the end of the match, the chiefs won 25 - 17.

kylie and leah were on their way out of the stadium when they heard someone calling kylies name from behind them.

"kylie!" Patrick called.
kylie turned around to see him coming up to her, still in his uniform with his helmet under his arm.
"hey I'm sorry, I didn't know you played football, i-" kylie started to speak.
"what do you mean sorry?" he interrupted her.
"well, you left in the middle of the night so I figured you wouldn't wanna see me." kylie answered
"if I didn't wanna see you I wouldn't have left you my number." patrick flashed a smile
"you left your number?" kylie asked, suddenly feeling very guilty.
"yeah, on the sticky notes on your fridge."
"oh my god I didn't see it, you must think I'm so mean"
"I thought you were mad at me for leaving." patrick laughed "we had a rescheduling thing and I had to fly back."
"what time did you leave?"
"like half three."
"patrick! we have press- why haven't you got changed?" one of the players appeared out of a doorway and shouted out. kylie recognised him as number eighty seven, now wearing a new outfit.
"I'll be there in a minute trav." patrick turned and called back, giving the guy a clear view of who he was talking to.
"oh, hi new york." he said, waving at kylie.
she awkwardly gave him a small wave and watched him dissappear back into the doorway.
"sorry about him." patrick smiled  embarrassed by travis' antics.
"it's good, he seems nice, your coach is coming"
"oh god."
"I'll find your number tonight" kylie smiled.
patrick nodded, watching kylie and leah walk away as he felt Andy tap his shoulder.

when the girls got back to kylies house they got the box of fridge magnets from a pile of boxes and began looking through it.
"why do you have so many magnets?" leah asked, tipping the box upside down onto the floor of kylies kitchen.
"I don't know- it's here!" kylie gasped, picking up a stack of sticky notes with a magnet on the back.
"you better text that man right now!" leah said, excited as she piled all of the other magnets into the box.
"I will, I will." kylie jumped up and sat at one of the bar stools by her kitchen island as she put Patrick's number into her phone.

patrick

Unknown
heyy it's kylie :)