016. you played good

"How cold is it gonna be today?" kylie asked.
she was on a facetime call with leah as they were both getting ready to go to the game later that afternoon.
"I dont know, like forty degrees, I think."
leah shrugged. she sat at her bathroom mirror doing her makeup and hair whilst talking to kylie, who still stood in her closet looking at the rail of skirts.
"If I wear this skirt." kylie said as she slipped a black pleated skirt over her legs and stepped back into frame. "Do I wear black tights or ones that match my legs?" she held up two pairs of tights against her legs.
"the fleshy ones." leah answered, quickly glancing to kylie on her phone and back to her mirror.
"I thought so."

when the girls arrived at the stadium and the game started, they both noticed that travis was looking up at where they were both sitting a lot more than he usually does.
"What's even going on with you two?" kylie asked as travis looked up again.
"I think we're like friends with benefits." leah answered."I don't really know."
"How many nights have you spent in eachothers beds since that first night?" kylie asked
"Nearly every night, he is so good, though." leah gushed, emphasising and dragging out the 'so'.
"leah! shush, we are surrounded by people." kylie scolded, gently hitting leahs arm.
"Don't act like you weren't doing the same over patrick this time two months ago." leah teased.
"I was not discussing our sex life, though." kylie replied, turning her head back to watch the game.
After a short pause, leah spoke again.
"Have you guys even had sex again?" she asked.
"leah!" kylie blushed and took a sip of her drink.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm just being nosy." leah defended herself
"Well, be nosy later. When we're not surrounded by people, you'll get me in trouble."
"You? I'm the one fucking a guy seven years older than me." leah laughed.
"he's thirty-three!?" kylies mouth fell open In shock.
"only just, it was his birthday last week." leah said, putting both her hands up in defense.
"that doesnt make it any better."

After the game had finished, leah recieved a text from travis telling her to come and meet him, and to bring kylie with her because patrick wanted to see her
"he said once we get to this bit we turn right and follow the grey carpet with white bits on it-" leah started to speak but was interrupted by a tall security guy who was stood with another guy by a door.
"excuse me, ladies, im sorry but you can't be in here, this areas for players and their families only." he said, walking over to them.
"oh, travis told us to meet him in there, he texted me I can prove it." she started rummaging through her bag to get her phone. kylie stood next to her and watched as the security exchanged glances at eachother.
the guy that was stood further back was talking through his walkie talkie and nodding.
"Phil, let them through, I just asked one of the guys, she's not lying."
Phil looked at the guy behind him and then back at the girls.
"right, you guys can go then I guess." he shrugged.

kylie could hear them talking as they walked past.
"who are they? how do they know kelce?" one of them ask.
"I ain't gotta clue,I think the one with the curls is mahomes new girl though." the other said
"ohh, that's new york?"
"yeah- wait, ain't that kylie mcgraw?"
"oh shit that is."
kylie and leah exchanged a glance as they hurried down the hallway.
"how does everyone in this goddam stadium know who I am?" kylie muttered.
"girl I wish people knew who I was." leah replied as they reached the room they were supposed to be going into. "Here we are."

"Hey baby." travis smiled, pulling leah into a big hug as soon as she entered the room and kissing her.
kylie slipped past them and went to hug patrick.
"Hey." he smiled, giving her a small kiss on the forehead.
"Hi." kylie returned the smile and looked up to give him a kiss on the lips. "You played great today."
"Thank you, Ky. oh, this is blake and lyndsay." he introduced kylie to the couple he was talking to, not taking his arm from around her.
"Hi, I'm kylie." she smiled, shaking their hands.
they spoke for a while, and patrick introduced kylie to a few more of his teammates and their partners before everyone decided to head home.

kylie went home in Patrick's car because leah and travis decided they wanted to go home a little earlier than everyone else.
the drive was quiet but not awkward. the pair were currently having a conversation with the soft hum of 'burn burn burn' by zach Bryan in the background and patricks hand resting on lylies thigh.

"Do you wanna stay at mine tonight? if you're allowed." kylie asked as they drove along.
"Of course I do." patrick smiled, quickly glancing at her before focusing his eyes back on the road.