014. oh go away

kylie woke up before patrick the next morning. she was still laying with her head on his chest with his strong arm around her, holding her close to him.
she slid out from his grip, being careful not to wake him and quickly tiptoed to her bathroom, making as little sound as possible.
she quickly brushed her teeth before scrunching some anti frizz serum into her curls.
she walked back to her bed and picked up her phone before she climbed back in.
she unlocked it and started looking at her notifications, which were mainly people liking her Instagram posts or her being tagged in things. However, one notification caught her eye.

life360
20:17 - leah left home!

there were no notifications saying if leah had returned to her home last night, kylie clicked on the notification. it showed leah at a rather large house, quite a distance away from her own.
kylie zoomed into the house, trying to see if she could recognise where her friend was.
her thoughts were interrupted by patrick, who had been silently watching her zoom in and out of the house and its surroundings for the past five minutes.
"Why are you looking at travis' house?" he asked
"Who's travis?" kylie looked at him, confused.
"My friend travis."
"I'm lost."
"Number eighty-seven."
"ohh." kylie smiled, looking back at her phone."Oh?"
"That still doesn't answer my question."
"leahs been at travis' House since like eight o'clock last night."
"But he was supposed to go golfing with the other guys last night." patrick rolled over and grabbed his phone from the nightstand. he opened it up to a groupchat named 'chiefs 🏈💯'
a smile grew on his face as he read through the messages from the night before.
"Pat, travis is actually distraught without you. he got drunk at the bar with a girl and they went home together." he read out, laughing.
"No way."
"trav replied to that saying 'she wasn't a random girl btw, it's kylies friend'...at least I think that's what he said, there's a lot of typos."
he turned his phone screen so kylie could see the message from travis.
"Does he always text like that?"
"No, it's how you can tell if he's drunk, though, because he types like a toddler has stolen his phone."
kylie laughed, her own phone buzzing in her hand.
she looked at it, expecting leah to be calling her and instead seing 'brock' as the contact name.
her smile quickly faded.
"Oh, go away." she sighed, clicking the lock button on her phone to silence the call.
"Does he do that a lot?" patrick asked
kylie shook her head.
"he's never called me before. It's usually just texts."
"Maybe something is wrong." patrick suggested
"doubt it." she shrugged
"I'll answer it." he smiled, reaching for kylies phone.
"Don't you dare." she warned, shielding her phone."I don't need him turning up here and trying to fight you."
"he could never fight me, im so much bigger than him," patrick flexed his muscles, laughing.
"That's why I said trying." kylie said, getting up and walking towards her closet. "And believe me, I know you're bigger."