027. quarterback curse

kylie awoke to the sound of her alarm ringing on her nightstand.
"oh fuck off." she groaned, quickly turning over to turn the alarm of and then rolling back over and curling back into patrick.
"what time is it?" He mumbled, wrapping his arm around her.
"eight." she yawned, stretching her arm back over his chest and pulling him closer to her. "too early."
patrick let out a little laugh at how clingy she was acting.
"I told trav I'd meet him at the gym in an hour, and now I don't wanna go." he complained. a part of him joking but also another part of him not joking at all and wanting to spend the whole day wrapped up in bed with kylie stuck to him just like she was in this moment.
"awh, you tired?" she teased, looking up and placing a gentle kiss on his jawline. her breath was hot on his neck as she did so and patrick skillfully moved his head to kiss her, avoiding her lips being anywhere near his neck.
"kylie." he mumbled, his voice stern.
kylie cocked her head to the side, her eyebrows furrowed until the look of confusion on her face slowly turned into a smirk as she realised that he, in fact, liked the feeling of her breathing against his neck.
"ive always thought the 'sweet spot' thing was a myth" she murmured, moving her lips against his neck once again. her breathing turned heavy as she felt patricks hand move from her waist and trail down to her ass, pulling her on top of him. kylie felt a rush of heat course through her body, the fact that patrick could easily move her whole body with one arm did things to her that she would never admit.
"no ma'am." patrick gently shook his head, the corner of his lips curving into a smile. "definitely not a myth."
an idea floated into kylies head and she ducked her head down to Patrick's neck, once again making her voice as breathy as possible.
"well, you're definitely awake now. let's have a shower."
she didn't give him a chance to reply before rolling off of him and landing on her feet at the side of the bed, giving him a gentle kiss on his lips and pattering towards the bathroom with patrick following shortly after her like a lost puppy.

when patrick returned from the gym later that day, he walked into kylies house to find her in the kitchen rolling out some sort of dough whilst talking to someone on facetime.
"hey pretty girl." he smiled. he went over to her, wrapping his arms around her and placing a quick kiss on her cheek. the angle that the phone was positioned it made it impossible for the person on facetime to see patricks face. "something smells g-"
"oh my god, kylie he's huge!" a shocked voice came from the phone, causing patrick to look up, blinking a few times, not really knowing what to say.
"mateo!" kylie scolded, quickly flipping her phone so it was face down, hiding whoever was on the screen from seeing patrick. "ignore him."
"who is that?" patrick chuckled
"my cousin." she sighed, about to say something else but being interrupted.
"why are you hiding me? is this one making you sign an nda too?" the voice came from the phone again.
patrick furrowed his eyebrows and pulled away from kylie, his hands remaining on her waist.
"who made you sign an nda?" he asked
"do you know what an nda is? i cant answer that" she laughed
"oh come on, who am I gonna tell?"
"I know you won't tell anyone, but I legally can't tell you." she shrugged.
"don't worry, she said it was the worst sex she's had since high school, you've got nothing to worry about." mateo assured patrick, who had an amused smile plastered on his face at this point.
"mateo, I swear to god, if you don't shut u-" kylie started
"it's cause he's a quarterback." mateo interrupted her.
"what?" patrick chuckled
"all quarterbacks are bad at sex, it's a fact. kylie calls in the quarterback curse." mateo continued, much to kylies dismay.
"I don't, Sofia does." she corrected him. "and you need to stop listening to our conversations."
"I will only stop when you tell me who made you sign the nda." he protested
"no I am not telling you." she argued back.
"im still convinced its kirk cousins." he stated, matter of factly "or tell me who you had a one night stand with in Jul- oh wait does your boyfriend know about that?"
kylie glanced over to patrick, who was still stood next to her, listening to the pair argue.
"mateo, my boyfriend is the one night stand." she groaned, placing her head in her hands and running them through her hair before picking the phone back up and angling it so patrick wasn't visible.
"what!?" mateo gasped.
"see this is why you don't listen to conversations through the wall." kylie rolled her eyes, glancing over to patrick, who was enjoying this whole interaction a lot more than kylie was.
"wait so your dating another nfl player? you clearly have a type"
patrick watched as kylie visibly cringed, her cheeks flushing red.
"nfl man, lemme see you!" mateo raised his voice so patrick could hear him more clearly.
he stepped into frame, smiling at just how funny the whole situation was. mateos jaw dropped upon seing patrick.
"kylie that's patrick mahomes!" He exclaimed.
"oh really? I didn't notice." she retorted.
mateo turned to look at patrick through the screen.
"you were third on my list. I gotta cross you off now." he said, reaching for a piece of paper that was sat on his desk.
"third? who's second?" patrick asked.
"jalen hurts." mateo answered him.
patrick nodded slowly, averting his eyes to kylie, who simply shrugged, clearly not amused by the situation.
"I've never even met jalen, I don't know why he's even on the list."
"cause he's a quarterback. it's a list of all the quarterbacks in the nfl just in the order of how hot I think you think they are." mateo said.
"and you put kirk cousins at number one?" kylie furrowed her eyebrows, confused at her cousins choices.
"it was either kirk cousins or Joe burrow." he shrugged.
"wait so where is Joe burrow now?" patrick asked, suddenly very interested in mateos list.
"fifth." he smiled, looking proudly at the piece of paper.
"whos number four?"
"I can't remember, sof crossed his name out and put 'Mr can't make a girl finish even after four years' I don't know what that means." he shrugged and turned the list to show them.
patrick looked over to kylie, who was now stood staring at the boy on the screen, her mouth slightly agape.
"okay, that's enough. goodbye mateo." she reached for her phone.
"I'm gonna go ask sof what that means, bye ky. come visit us soon." he smiled, waving at her.
"I will, love you." she quickly blew a kiss at him and hung up with a sigh.
"he's nice." patrick smiled.
"oh be quiet." she rolled her eyes, placing a tray of cinnamon rolls in the oven.
patrick leaned on the fridge, watching kylie as she set the timer and wiped flour from her hands.
"it was Joe burrow." he smirked.
"how the fuck did you guess that?" she asked, standing up straight and walking over to him.
"you are a very bad liar, ky." he laughed, moving his hands to her waist and pulling her close to him.
"you better not tell anyone." she whispered, their faces inching closer together until their lips touched.
"my lips are sealed."