32.

Her clamped hand was getting sweaty, eyes wander everywhere while the her face was being dolled up. Will she be able to pull of the make up? Will she be able to impress everyone at the wedding? Will her wedding dress be able to fit in her plain looking body? What's more important, is she ready for this? For a new start in her life? Living the rest of her life with him?

She had many worries, but she tried to assured herself that nothing will happen. Now that she was a step away from it, the worries just got the best of her. She knew this will happen, so she purposely make Yoongi agreed with her to have a room for himself far from her to prevent him hearing all those worries , and the man didn't say much, but she knew he was bewildered by the request. She sighed and looked at herself in the mirror, never in her life to that she will be this beautiful and gorgeous to the point she almost not recognize who was the woman in the mirror.

"I know you will look amazing Taehee, why will you be insecure about your own looks?"

"I never looked like this before, are you sure that is me?"

The woman laughed, adding that every woman is pretty, just another touch up and she will be the most confident woman ever. Taehee just smiled at her kind words, and the make up artist did some small jokes to prevent her nervous self get the best of her. Just when she get less tense, the door burst open, revealing her mother stoic face which the both of them went into silence. The make up artist excuse herself, leaving the both of them, having a mother and daughter moment together. But Taehee knew it wasn't. Nevertheless, she didn't stop her.

Once they were left alone, the woman let out a chuckle and Taehee hated how wicked it sound but she stood there silent. There's no way the woman will ruin her own daughter wedding right? Even how harsh she was in her life, she must at least have a little bit of empathy in her so called mother instinct?

"You think you are far more better than me?"

"What?"

"Oh darling, I know how you hated my guts so much, you thought that you will never end up like me? Did you really think that Yoongi will really understand you? No one actually have a happy ending Taehee dear, you will slowly be like me, because you lived with me longer than your real mother"

"What is your point telling me this now?," she said and stood up, she was raging. But at the deepest part of her heart, she could sense how her mother words were eating her slowly, making her believing every words she said. Somewhere in her heart, she started to doubt the wedding she will face in an hour from now.

"The point is, I want you to know that you can never run from the ruined self of yours. A man like Yoongi would only sees you as a woman, weaker than him and be played easily. I became like this because I know how you will never get anything with being a soft spoken mother, just like your mother. Taehee, its only time that you will change to a woman like me. Or maybe worst, you won't even be a good mother to your own child later "

"Then why, why do you treat me differently from others? Just what is it that I ever done to you?"

Her body quivered, tears threatening to fell down but no, she doesn't want to cry in front of the woman who never deserved her tears. She should have think twice to invite to her wedding. Why is she saying those things to her? Why she didn't said it the day Yoongi came and asked the permission to marry her? Just what did she get from doing this?

"Weren't you do one who started to distant yourself from me? Was it my fault that you never felt remorseful for every action you did? Was it my fault that you played victim? Think again Kim Taehee, who was the one who set her walls so high with her mother that she couldn't even be the good daughter everyone want? "

"You didn't think me as a daughter, you treated like I'm just a burden in your life"

"Yes, and you finally know about that?"

She wasn't expecting her to admit it easily, because she was hoping that the woman at least did loved her even the slightest in her life. Was she really a burden in her life? Did she really viewef her that way? Even how she detested her mother, she did have a moment in her life that she thought she was the best step mother she ever dreamed of. Now, all those memories vanished, mocking her how she was stupid to even consider everything she did was just an act in front of her.

"I cared for you before because I know how I'm in no place to hate you. Now that I have my own child, and your father care about them more than you and Soojin. Do you personally think I thought of you as a daughter?"

"Get out, I don't want to hear this anymore"

"Oh you won't Taehee, in fact the next person who will think of you as a burden is Min Yoongi. Bye darling. May your love bloom till the day you die"

"I said get out!"

It was the first time she shouted at her mother, and the woman was surprised. Even so she did left and slammed the door, leaving the quivering Taehee alone. She fell down to the floor, body trembled as her mother words echoed in her mind. Why did she kept it so long to tell her this? What was the reason of telling this, on the day she was supposed to be happy marrying the man she want to spend her life with?

"Taehee are you- oh my god, dear what happen?"

A voice was heard, and it was Yerim. She quickly helped her to sit back at the stool, scanning her face for any ruined makeup if she cried but no. Her tears were welling but it didn't fall, so Yerim took a sit beside her and hug her close to her body. The woman was still in her bathrobe, and the wedding will started in 30 minutes. She need to be dress by now but Yerim doesn't want her problems to keep lingering in her mind.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No,no. I just-felt nervous. Can you help me dressing?"

"Taehee-"

"Please?"

She didn't want Yerim to be worried, and she will bombard her with thousand of question or maybe went to punch her mother, if she can even call her a mother now. Even how hurt she was with her that woman words, she need to step outside, acting normal and make Yoongi the happiest man in the world in his wedding day.

Yerim sighed and nodded before pinching her cheeks, making her bestfriend smile. She then help her wearing her wedding gown, which Yerim keep on insisting her to choose it before because she said 'a woman shouldn't look like a her usual self on her wedding day. She needs to outshine everyone in the wedding hall'.

When she was ready, Yerim asked her to turned around a bit, and she did. The dress fit her perfectly, too perfect that Yerim never knew she could be this beautiful. She don't usually wear gown and dress, so it was weird and fascinating at the same time seeing her new look. She was sure that Yoongi wasn't expecting her to be this gorgeous.

"Taehee, I never thought you will get married first"

"Then settle down with someone, we are not getting younger"

She laughed and take her hand in hers, smiling warmly at her who looked calm but there was something undescribable in her eyes. It was mixed of nervous and reluctant. Was she afraid? But Yerim knew she shouldn't ask, she would only freak out even before she walked along the aisle to him.

"Shall we, Miss- soon-to-be Min?"

"Yes"