30.

"No it just , something caught up and I can't go back,so I have to stay here"

"There's no such thing as work on Christmas! Just what are you thinking? Trying to act like an adult? Celebrating alone? "

"No! No,what I mean is, I can't leave this matter unattended,it will be a waste-"

"What matter woman? What is more important than family? You had always been like this. You like to hang out more with your friends than your family. Do you think they will take care of you if you fell sick? Do you think there will be always there for you? Think about that Taehee! "

"I can't go home like this mother, it just hard to explain".

"Of course its hard! You had always claim you were better there, which I knew it was just an excuse for you to not come back home often and stupidly rejected the offer at Busan because you think you were smart enough to live by your own! Don't forget you owe me money from your college fee and such. Youngsters like you are only know to have fun,and later regret like a stupid person."

Her breath was unstable, trying so hard not to let her tear fell, hands trembling at her words ,how harsh she had stated those facts like she had done a stupid decision on studying here. She took a deep breath,making sure her words were not cracking and answered.

"I can't mother, and besides the train had closed early and bus-"

"Nonsense! If you hated going back home so much don't ever think about coming back!"

"The tickets were sold out,and they said they were doing some construction from Seoul to Pocheon so-"

"Well I don't care! You were just creating some excuse again! Don't even think about asking me money when you are there alone!"

"I-"

Before she could speak,the phone call hang up and she looked at it with despair. She slowly pulled her knees to her chest,looking to the raining snow outside and somehow she hated how the scenery outside was more better than her life. She rested her forehead to her knee and let out a small sob, hating how her mother words seems so right when she herself knew it was wrong.

She admitted she was giving excuse of not going back,but what she said about the trains and buses were real. She had planned on going back by a taxi but it was pricey so she had second thoughts on going home. She was too caught up with her part time job and assignments,and during her free time she only rested, not caring for the upcoming festival. She knew it was her fault to not book a ticket earlier, but she was just too busy and tired with her works.

Not like she care,she hated it. The family gathering which only bring her more scar than healing time itself. Her mother rough voice, harsh words and the hypocrisy she had to show was making her tired. She tried to enjoy those gathering,but it seems so hard when everytime her mother pointed out her mistake,she felt horrible and it hurt her emotion so much she ended up bottling up her feelings. Yerim was the only one who know much about her story,and all her bestfriend could do was to comfort her.

Her mind then travel to some flashback of her mother scowl and her father silence after witnessing everything. Then,she imagined how different things was for her if her dead mother was still alive,she won't be this depressed at her own family, she would have enjoyed Christmas like any other family and won't be having mother issue like she has now.

"Then,you won't met me," a voice startled her and she looked up to the the source,smiling softly at her before having a seat beside her on the cold floor. He throw a blanket from her room to her shoulder and himself before pulling her more closer to him. Taehee had brushed away her tears , not wanting him to see her weak self from the fight she had with her mother.