𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

Complicated

Complicated

"SHUT UP JAXON," Amethyst yelled angrily as she stormed through the corridor towards the Slytherin common room.

"CAN YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN AND JUST TALK TO ME?" Jaxon yelled back trying to catch up to the brunette — Evan, Regulus, Adhara, and Sabrina following closely behind.

"NO IM DONE TALKING TO YOU," she yelled back picking up her pace.

"YOU'RE BEING CRAZY RIGHT NOW," he yelled — making Amethyst stop in her tracks.

"Oh no," Regulus whispered, stepping behind Sabrina, who rolled her eyes.

Amethyst whipped around with a look so sharp it could kill.

Adhara felt Evan bring her closer protectively as Amethyst took several steps towards the group, specifically Jaxon.

The end of fifth year had arrived in a flash. They had successfully finished all of their O.W.L's (some more gracefully than others) and were ready to head back home for summer break. Adhara felt confident about her performance on all of her exams — other than her arithmetic exam.

Apart from the O.W.L's, Slytherin won the Quidditch house cup — after beating Gryffindor 190 to 40, thanks to Regulus's excellent seeker skills.

Emma Vanity cried with pride, and every other Slytherin gloated about it for weeks.

James and Sirius were inconsolable.

The house cup had been awarded to Ravenclaw as they were only one point ahead of Gryffindor.

Thus, it was easy to assume it hadn't been the best year for Gryffindor house, much to Slytherin House's delight.

It was now their last day at Hogwarts, and they would be boarding the train in less than two hours. Adhara looked forward to a drama-free departure, but that quickly turned out to be unlikely.

While waiting for the girls to come down for breakfast, Jaxon, Regulus, and Evan sat on the common room couch as usual — when suddenly a fourth-year girl 'accidentally' fell onto Jaxon's lap. Giggling, the girl apologized without a drop of sympathy in her voice, while twirling a strand of hair around her finger. Before Jaxon could push her off, Amethyst appeared in front of the scene with her arms crossed tightly across her body, boiling with rage. Without a second thought, the younger girl ran off in fear.

The couple argued from the common room to the Great Hall, throughout the entirety of breakfast, and now from the Great Hall to the common room.

"Explain to me exactly how I'm being crazy Jaxon Lee Nott," Amethyst said in a dangerous voice — stopping directly in front of Jaxon, eyes practically burning a hole through his head.

Jaxon gulped. "I don't understand why you're mad at me. She fell on me! You're acting as if I pulled her onto my lap-,"

"Well you might as well have! You didn't do anything to stop her did you?!"