𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

Useless Apology

Useless Apology

Monday morning came in a flash. Adhara laid in bed anxiously waiting the moment she'd be on the Hogwarts express, leaving for Christmas break. As planned, she and Amethyst would be going straight to the Malfoy Manor, where Narcissa would be waiting for them.

However, Adhara had been cited at the Headmasters office that morning at 8 a.m before she left. The last person Adhara wanted to speak to was the man who had excused her bullies actions for the past five years. So she was anything but enthusiastic to hear what excuses Dumbledore would give this time.

Adhara turned to look at the clock that hung on her dorm wall.

7:50 a.m.

With a sigh, Adhara got up from her bed and changed into a pair of black jeans, a black long sleeve and a jean jacket. She quietly slipped out of the dorm, making sure not to wake Amethyst up or her other dorm mates who were fast asleep. The common room was empty and silent, since most students decided to sleep in before having to catch the train.

Making her way through the empty corridors she kept her hand on her wand. Ever since that night, her senses remained highly alert. She had not seen Elijah or the other Gryffindor boys since that night, and hoped she would never have to see any of them again. 

After walking for what seemed like minutes, she finally reached the large gargoyle statue which concealed the Headmasters office. She pulled out a small piece of parchment from her pocket which had the password to the office.

"Sherbet lemon," she read aloud. Suddenly, stairs began to magically appear where the statue once was. She stepped onto the stairs and walked up to the office.

She slowly made her way through the circular room, looking at all the paintings of previous Headmasters, who were looking back at her curiously. Her eyes wandered all over the office when she heard a loud voice coming from behind the large mahogany desk in the back of the room.

"Adhara, please come in, take a seat," Professor Dumbledore said, signaling to the chair in front of his desk. Adhara did as instructed and took a seat.

"Ready for the break, I presume?" he asked, looking at her with a smile.

Adhara did not return the smile, "Yes, I am," she said in a dull voice.

"Well, I will not keep you for long. Firstly, I wanted to inform you that Mr. Atkinson, Mr. Alderton, and the rest of the individuals who took part in your attack the night of the ball have been expelled from Hogwarts," Dumbledore said, "I deeply apologize for what you went through. Here at Hogwarts we do not condone this kind of behavior, what they did to you was unacceptable, and it deserved the upmost punishment."