𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Girl's Day

Girl's Day

"Adhara, what is wrong with you," Narcissa says, giving her cousin a disapproving look, "I cannot understand why on earth you and Evan are not dating already."

Amethyst nods frantically, "That's what I've been telling her ever since they kissed! But she just doesn't listen," she exclaims.

"I'm not surprised, her brothers are exactly the same way. It's almost as if they lack the ability to listen at all," Narcissa says teasingly.

Adhara rolled eyes at her cousin, taking a sip of her orange juice, "Well, I can't exactly go up to him and say, hey Evan, I'd like to be your girlfriend, now can I?"

"And why exactly can't you? You're a strong independent woman. You don't need to wait around for him to pop the question," Amethyst argues.

"Yes, I agree," Narcissa says with a nod.

"It's not about that," Adhara says with a chuckle. "He was just under a love potion for months. He probably isn't ready to jump into a relationship, and I'm not going to force him. Plus, is it too crazy to want him to ask me?"

"The love potion is not an excuse. That boy has been wanting to be with you since first year, and a little love potion won't hold him back at all," Amethyst says rolling her eyes, "But you do make a fair point about wanting him to ask you, I'll give you that. When Jaxon asked me to be his girlfriend, I thought it was the sweetest thing in the world," Amethyst says with a smile.

"Yeah, so sweet that Evan almost cried. Regulus and I teased him for weeks after that," Adhara said with a laugh.

"I remember reading about it in one of the letters Adhara sent me, and it sounded lovely," Narcissa said, "I honestly cannot remember the day that Lucius asked me to be his girlfriend," she said with a chuckle.

"I'm sure it was lovely. After all, he does seem to be a bit over the top," Amethyst says, looking around at the fancy dining room they were sitting in.

"Over the top indeed," Narcissa says with a chuckle.

"How are you and Lucius, Cissy?" Adhara asks.

Narcissa took a deep breath, "Honestly, things have been a bit rocky ever since he started to do more tasks for the Dark Lord. I keep telling him to think of the repercussions of working with those people, especially because we want to start a family. But the truth is, he holds the same beliefs as the rest of them. He wants to rid the wizarding world of all muggle-borns. There's no way of convincing him to stray away from it," she explains freely, as only the three of them were at the manor, not including the house elves.

"And, do you, hold those beliefs? I don't mean to be nosey, just curious," Amethyst asks politely.

Narcissa smiles at her, "Honestly, there was a time that I did. When you grow up surrounded by these beliefs often times you believe in them. It's almost impossible not to, unless you're like Sirius," she chucked, "But the truth is, I don't believe anyone should suffer because of their blood status. I've seen and heard of what these people do, and what they plan to do. Cruel doesn't begin to describe it. However, it's not easy to oppose it. I'm not willing to be exiled from the life I live. So to answer your question, I do not fully believe in those beliefs, however, there is not much I can do to oppose them. Though I would never admit that to anyone else," she says honesty.