𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞

The Bright Side

The Bright Side

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S BACK?" Adhara yelled as she froze in place, dropping the shoe she was putting on.

Her morning was going rather smoothly until hearing the news Amethyst dropped on her.

The final day of her Animagus process had finally arrived and she would be meeting up with the marauders at night, since there was an electrical storm forecasted.

Her twin brother took the news well and was thankful she told him before she completed the process. Though, he was not impressed that Sirius had been the one to suggest it. However, after Adhara explained to him how passionate she was about becoming one, he seemed much more at peace with the idea.

Amethyst and Jaxon were over the moon that they'd have a friend who could transform into an animal, and they had spent the past month guessing what animal she would become.

Adhara had successfully convinced her professors and classmates that she had lost her voice and was allowed to communicate using a whiteboard.

After she spit out the mandrake leaf, she vowed to never take talking, solid foods, or her boyfriend's kisses for granted.

Apart from that, she had been focusing heavily on her academics — since the O.W.L exams were only months away. Her goal of becoming a mediwitch was still one of her biggest priorities.

Another priority was choking Alyssa Evergrass to death.

"Alyssa's back. Her parents got her back into Hogwarts," Amethyst explained.

"Dumbledore never folds though! How come he let a girl who used a damn LOVE POTION on a student come back? That makes no fucking sense," Adhara fumed.

"Supposedly he didn't want her back. But her parents work for the ministry. They pulled some strings and convinced the ministry to force her back in. They banned her from joining any school clubs, but that's about all the punishment she's receiving."

"I can't believe this. Can't I have one fucking week without bad news?" Adhara groaned falling on her bed.

"I know this is terrible news Adhara, but look on the bright side," Amethyst told her friend — giving her an awkward smile.

Adhara sat up on her bed looking at her friend, waiting for her to continue.

However Amethyst just stared back at her.

"Well?" Adhara asked.

"Well what?"

"Usually when someone says 'on the bright side' they proceed to explain what the bright side consists of," Adhara explained.

"Oh... Well, I'm not quite sure what it consists of. But I'm sure you'll find out!" Amethyst said with a big smile.

Rolling her eyes Adhara finished getting ready for the day and grabbed her satchel heading down to the common room.