𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

The Yule Ball

The Yule Ball

"ADHARA HOLD STILL," Amethyst yelled as she tried to apply eyeliner on her friend.

"I don't trust you that close to my eye!" Adhara responded, swatting Amethysts hand away from her face.

"I'm going to count to three. If you're not sitting as still as a statue, I'm going to pull your eyelashes out one by one," Amethyst threatens in a stern voice.

"Oh don't be-,"

"One,"

"Wha-,"

"Two,"

"Amethyst!"

"Three,"

Adhara closed her mouth and looked directly at her friend without moving a muscle. She knew by the look on Amethyst's face that her threat was not just empty words.

Amethyst smiled at Adhara's obedience and proceeded to apply her eyeliner on both eyes. Adhara bit the inside of her cheek and held her breath to avoid moving and provoking the wrath of Amethyst.

Moments later, Amethyst smiled and clapped excitedly, "There! All done! Now let me curl your hair," she announced.

Adhara groans, "Can't I just use a spell to do that?"

"No, absolutely not! This is about the experience! You never let me pamper you, now quit complaining and tell me more about what happened with you and Evan!" Amethyst demanded, pulling out her curling iron.

"I already told you everything," Adhara laughed, "Regulus walked in before anything else could happen," she explained.

Amethyst rolled her eyes, "Remind me to smack Regulus next time I see him. And remind me why you couldn't just stand Elijah up? You could be going to the ball with Evan instead," she said, curling a strand of her hair.

"I can't just stand him up Amethyst. As much as I'd love to go with Evan, I promised Elijah I wouldn't flake."

"Well, Evan is going to drool when he takes a look at you," Amethyst said, "Jaxon says once Evan realized he had been under the potion for so long, the first thing he did was blurted out your name."

Adhara smiled, "Really?"

"Yes really, you were the only thing he was worried about Addie, it's so sweet," Amethyst gushed.