Breakthrough

The next morning Danny flew downstairs to find Vlad. Yawning, he flew into the lab to find the man sound asleep in a chair in the corner of the room. Danny smiled and chuckled at the sight, then grabbed a couple beakers and a few chemicals and samples. He placed a sample into a beaker and then dropped a small dot of the chemical into the beaker, gasping when it mixed and turned it purple. "Okay... not that one..." he mumbled to himself. He placed that beaker and chemical aside, and was about to drop some more of a s ample into a fresh beaker when a light went off in his head. "Wait... my problem is my ectoplasm level is getting too high...so obviously I need something that will be ghost resistant..." he instantly y dropped the sample into t he beaker and searched the lab until he found the chemical he wanted. Grabbing it and a small tin bowl, he dropped it into the bowl and added water in, mixing it. Then, very carefully, he applied the mix to his sample. To his astonishment t, it dissolved quite a bit of the ectoplasm, but left t he blood untouched. He grinned, and using a small suction tipped eye dropper, sucked up some of the m ix and applied i slide. He slid that slide under a microscope and took a look. The ectoplasm cells were fine, along with h the blood.

"YES!" he shouted in glee before slapping his hand over his mouth and glancing a t Vlad. The millionaire didn't so much a s budge. Grinning, he cleaned up his mess but left the slide and left over chemical and water next to the microscope and took off for a flight.

A few hours later, Vlad stirred. He opened his eyes groggily and stretched. Glancing around, he realized he must have fallen asleep while taking a break last night. He stood and walked over to the counter and looked it over to make sure he hadn't left any messes. Finding it clean, he noticed the strange mix in the bowl then the microscope. Furrowing his eyebrows, he walked over and took a look through the microscope. "Hmm...that's odd." he grabbed a clean beaker and one of Danny's samples with both ectoplasm and blood in it. Applying the strange mix in the bowl, he watched in amazement as it dissolved most of the ectoplasm. He hurriedly replaced the old sample with his new one under the microscope and took a look. The same effect. It looks like Daniel had found the solution while he was sleeping. He smiled happily, then noticed a small bottle by the sink . That must have been the chemical, and Danny had just forgotten to put it up. He picked it up, and was going to put it on the shelf when he noticed the last few letters. Moving his thumb, he read the inscription.

Smirking, he placed the bottle on the shelf. Who knew Danny would be the person to find the way to weaken that element?