Tricks- No Treats

Danny slowly came to laying on his back. He opened his eyes and looked around himself, quickly realizing that he was laying in the lab. He tried to sit up but quickly realized that his hands and feet were restrained to the table he was on. He lifted his head and realized that he was in his human form, and his parents were nowhere to be found. The syringe that contained the cure had been removed before he had transformed at some point, and was now laying on the counter just out of reach. He furrowed his eyebrows and tried to trigger his transformation into Phantom, knowing that that side of him was more durable than his human half, but found that the white rings were blocked by the restraints. He hissed in pain quietly as the restraints tightened on him, and let the transformation die.

"Think he might be awake?"

"He should be, it's been over two hours." Maddie said as she stepped into the lab, then walked up to him. "Good, youre awake." She said. "We've been working on something for you ever since the night you left."

Danny raised his eyebrows, nervousness clearly making it's way into his eyes. He watched as she picked up a syringe and inserted the needle into his arm, then took some of his blood and ectoplasm. After removing that syringe, she injected him with an orange fluid that burned immediately within his blood, but not nearly as bad as the ectoranium had. He gasped and bit his bottom lip until it bled as his blood burned. "That removed the ectoplasm from your blood for the next half hour." Maddie explained, then turned to the counter and picked up a scalpel. Danny's eyeswidened in fear as she started to advance on him, but was suddenly knocked to the side. He looked up and found Vlad, looking rather worn out but alive, working quickly to remove the restraints. Jack was laying on the floor, having been knocked out silently by Vlad a moment earlier. Maddie managed to get up and knock him away with a kick to the gut before he removed more than one however, but he recovered rather quickly. Then he started to shoot the restraints off from a distance while avoiding Maddie's hits. After a few blasts, Vlad had managed to remove both restraints holding Danny's hands down. He sat up and removed the last two, then stood and stumbled slightly.

"Daniel, get out of here, now." Vlad yelled over to him after ducking a blast from a wrsitray that Maddie had grabbed.

"I can't go ghost." Danny shook his head, glancing at te still unconcious Jack nervously. Vlad motioned for Danny to head towards the stairs, and after grabbing the syringe he had brought with him, took off towards the stairs. He made it up them and outside before Vlad managed to escape Maddie and meet him outside. Vlad quickly grabbed Danny's arm and took off for home.

/DP/

Maddie roused Jack after coming back inside from trying to shoot the two down, then helped him up. "Phantom and Plasmius escaped."

"Do you think they'll fall for it?" Jack asked, rubbing his head.

"They took the syringe. Now we just wait and find out." Maddie nodded. "Soon that Phantom menace will be gone for good."